Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Such A Kid

Alex

1. She has a great voice
2. She has a great smile
3. She knows how to fun
4. She’s still realllllllllllly confusing… : (

Bailey clears her throat after a minute of the silence. “Thanks for the ride,” she mutters quietly, and gets out of the car without another word, heading out and away…

“Aw, come on,” I mutter, sort of whining. I scramble to unbuckle myself and hurry after, arriving just as she’s reaching her room. By running, I get there before she can shut the door, and I trail in, seeing Missy and Zack lying around in front of the television. “Hey, guys,” I wave happily, shutting the door after me.

“Hey, have fun?” Missy smirks.

Bailey shifts her feet and quickly glances at me. “Of course not,” she rolls her eyes and walks off quickly before anything more can be said.

Their eyes fall on me as I run my hands through my hair, wondering what’s with the mood change. Then I shrug at the others. “Well, now I know she can sing,” I offer with a grin. “She can really belt it!”

Missy giggles. “She actually sang out loud? Congrats!” She gives a little clap, swinging her feet off of Zack’s lap. “So! I was thinking we could all go out to dinner? Like a double date,” she winks at me.

“I likie,” I beam.

“Me, too!” Zack says, literally jumping up.

“Goodie!” Missy claps again. I notice the empty cans of energy drinks. Well, that explains it. “How about Monroe’s and then King’s Castle?” She suggests, meaning a pretty decent restaurant and one of the newest real clubs.

“Sweet,” Zack grins, shuffling into his shoes.

“Well, I still have to get ready,” she swats his shoulder.

“But you’re already dressed,” he raises his eyebrow confused.

“In something nicer, duh.” She rolls her eyes. “Me and Bails will be out soon, okay? Make yourselves at home!” And she heads into the hall.

I blink at Zack. “Do they have any food?” And I walk into the kitchen, my stomach rumbling. “Ooo, nachos!” I grab a handful and start chewing. I do that, then realize that the girls are trying to look better, and… I’m chugging on cheese.

… I shrug. Finishing my snack, I wash my face in the kitchen sink, dry it with a towel and run a hand through my hair. Yep, I’m looking pretty darn good, if I do say so myself…

Hopefully, though, enough for Bailey.

“Ta-DA!” Missy sings, twirling in and falling into Zack’s arms when she’s a little dizzy. “See? Told you it wouldn’t be long,” she smirks, stepping back to put a hand on her waist, and pose for us.

True, she did just change. She’s now in a short peach-colored dress beige ankle boots and gold jewelry. “Bailey!” Missy suddenly yells. “Come on already! We’re trying to go, here.”

“No, I’m not coming. You can’t make me.”

Missy rolls her eyes. “She’s such a kid sometimes,” she mutters to us, and then turns back to the hall. “That dress looks great on you, okay? Hello, I am the one here with fashion expertise! So let’s go already!”

“Shove off!”

“Alex’ll come get you,” she threatens.

Silence.

Ooooh, does that mean-?

Darn it.

But she came out! I stare a minute. Well, Missy was right. She must have some real fashion expertise, because Bailey just looks… wow. Really, really, realllllly wow. I swallow hard, pulling up my jaw.

She crosses her arms over her chest, grumpy. “This is overdone, Missy. It’s just dinner.”

“With a great guy,” Missy adds pointedly.

“With who?” She asks, pretending to look around.

Ouch.

Missy gives her a look. “Be nice, Bailey, it won’t kill you. And I know you’re dying for a drink, okay? And that dress was made for you! So when else are you ever going to get a chance to wear it?”

Bailey sighs. “Fine. Let me grab a jacket,” she mutters and heads back. Returning, she brings out a fitted leather jacket and she’s got her shoes with her now. “Happy?”

“Very,” Missy grins, taking Zack’s arm. “Are separate cars okay?”

“Very,” I mock her lightly, holding my arm out for Bailey.

She stares at it for a minute, as though it’s an alien arm. Which would be cool, come to think of it. But then she does take it- I’m seriously jumping up and down on a sugar high inside- as I lead her out and we drive out, falling Zack and Missy. It’s quiet, but it’s not too bad.

I’m telling you, she likes me! Or some more, anyways…