Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

I'm At Her House

Alex

I groan. Ow, my head. Yeah, it’s a killer… I roll over, my eyes still closed and holding my head. Bright light, go away already! Gah… I shift to get up on my knees, but I fall off balance and fall off the bed.

That so did not help! Moaning, I sit up and rub the back of my head. Killer, killer hangover. How much did I have last night, anyways? I sit there, rubbing my eyes and trying to remember.

Okay, dinner. The restaurant. Then the club. The club… dancing. I remember dancing. Heh- I even got to dance with Bailey! She had said yes! But then… I faintly remember a slight drinking contest and lots and lots and lots of laughter…

Wait, wait…

“My b-baby brother died. He died, he died… all my fault. Cause- it was- up to me…”

I freeze in rubbing my eyes. My eyes shoot open and I recall everything else. I swallow hard, my throat dry.

“I saw a murder! Sosososoooo scary. Cried, and cried… no one there for me! … Alone and sad, and I cried, and it was so scary.”

Licking my lips, I furrow my brow. Trying to push the hangover from my mind, I let it process the information from last night. She... I had mentioned how I really didn’t know much about her. And that’s completely true, because I don’t.

Well, now I know she has a brother. But any other family, I have no idea. Where they are or anything. I don’t know where she grew up, what it was like for her. I don’t know about her school or classes- except for the dancing, of course.

Still. I furrow my brow. But… what she had told me? It suddenly feels like a heavy weight on my shoulders, taking on what she’s had as a burden all these years. There is the sudden wonder if she was serious- but I do know that while she may joke and get crabby, Bailey’s no liar.

Then I suddenly realize something else.

I’m at her house. I scramble up, wearing only my jeans. On the bed that I fell off of, is Bailey. Grabbing my shirt, I pause, watching her sleep with a tight throat.

She’s on her left side, facing my direction. The left arm hides under the pillow and supporting her head. The other arm… is outstretched ahead. From where I was laying?

If so, why did I have to wake up, dang it!

Suddenly Bailey shifts, her eyes fluttering. I curse, ducking in case that she might not be in a good mood and want to see me awake. But after a minute on my knees, I realize she’s back asleep. Coming up, I see she’s pulled the covers up for warmth. Sympathetic, I pull the covers up higher for her.

After that, I find myself just watching Bailey for a little while. My hangover’s nearly forgotten, just watching her peacefully rest. Eventually, though, the thought comes that I don’t really even know her last name, or middle.



Oh, look! A dresser! A nighstand! Meaning evidence, of course.

What can I say, after all? Hello, I’m a guy. And apparently married to this girl. Speaking of which, yesterday I did call for the document to come back so I could get a better look at it- most importantly, see if it really was to her, and how legal it was.

Not that I’d complain if we actually were… you know, married. That’s just her, I guess.

Humming a little, I rummage through her nightstand, but mostly it’s just a few books filled with Poe’s poetry, notebooks covered in sketches of ravens and ghosts, and a locket. Which I open, yeah. It’s a silver heart, pretty plain. After a minute, I manage to open it. There’s a little lock of light brown hair.

What- well, who’s is it? I wonder and really want to ask Bailey, but if she found out I was snooping around… well, that probably wouldn’t work out too well. I sigh and putting it back, I pull out the first book.

Bailey Elizabeth Richardson Daniels, June 14th

Her birthday? Hm… wait, is that two last names?Holy crud, she really is married!!

Wait, Alex, think logically! Maybe… yeah! Maybe it’s her parents. Got divorced, remarried, or something, you know? Yeah, that’s probably it. Happens all the time after all.I nod quickly. Yeah, that has to be it, of course. And June’s just a few months away… I bring out my fingers to count real fast. March, April, May, June. Four months, cool!

Looking at her dresser and such, I don’t find much more out. Besides her CD collection, which is waaaay awesome. She’s got some dead flowers, too. Really big collection, it seems. Which sounds kinda morbid… oh well! When I’m done, though, my head’s driving me crazy. Stumbling around, I grab my socks and shoes and finally make my way out of the house.

Now, to my home. The ride over, my mind is completely occupied, thinking about last night, still. The ups and the downs…

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So. Richardson. HHMMMMMM...... any ideas you want to sprout? Because the truth will come out!!
In the sequel.... ;D