Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Mission Time

Image

Alex

Locking my car, I make my way into my house.

Hey! It’s actually empty!

Finally. Alllll mine.

But then the thought comes- oh the drama!- You don’t reallllly want to be alone.

Might I say this now: I have never liked my stupid inner voice! It’s the one that told me to jump out the window where I broke my arm. It’s the one that told me to ask Jenny Hastings to prom and I was turned down in front of the whole friggin’ school.

But then it also told me to continue singing…

Darn you, inner voice. Darn you.

Sitting in my biggest, comfiest chair, I close my eyes. Today is my last day of no work. I have a slight hangover. And I’m still completely caught up in Bailey. My thoughts start working as I roll over the events of last night.

Drinking. Always good and refreshing.

Dancing. With Bailey? Best ever.

Chatting, talking and flirting with Bailey. Best time ever.

Having her have a breakdown. Not so great. But she is human, and I still like her. Lots!

Spending the night with her. Well, I was technically asleep… but it was good.

Sighing, a small smile creeps up to my lips.



Dang it. It’s sooooo quiet. I open my eyes, looking around. Lights are off, but the sunlight peaks through enough. Funky furniture, pretty clean. Unlike my bedroom. But it’s not like people who go in there actually care or anything…

Humming a song, I wander around the house, bored.

I play a few video games. Watch some movies, pig out. But it’s just not enough. Finally though, I figure what it is.

I need a pet!

A dog!

“That’s it!” I pump a fist in the air and shove the snacks on the table. “Mission time!” And grabbing some stuff, I head out of house, hoping I actually know where to find some animal shelter…

It takes an hour, but that’s all cool. I pull in and look at the place. Hm. Might need some refurbishing or something, you know? I stroll in, looking around. Huh. Okay… now what? I have noooo clue what to do.

“Oh, hey there!” I call, seeing someone in the room behind- no one’s at the desk- and they’re bending over a table, washing a dog in some metal sink. “Hello?”

The figure freezes and then I realize why the dark hair looks sort of familiar. Turning, I see that it’s Bailey, her hands covered in soap suds and shocked look on her face.

Dang, she’s cute.

She turns back and I wonder if she’s gonna try and pretend she didn’t hear me. After a minute, though, she finishes cleaning up, and wrapping the dog in a towel, she comes out to the desk. “Um… hi,” she gives a smile- and I think it’s forced. Oh well… “Uh, so… how can I … help you?” She offers awkwardly, and looks back down to the little Jack Russel terrier she’s busy drying.

I could think of sooooo many dirty responses for that…. Hehe

I rub the back of my neck. “Uh… I was, um… you know, in the neighborhood,” I feign the coolness easily, “and figured I’d, you know, get a cat or dog.”

She snorts. “Yeah, cause you’re really an animal person, Alex.”

She said my name! Yay! I beam a little, standing straighter. Then I realize she was also being sarcastic… “Well, uh- you know, it’s always a good time to start. You know, helping out animals and… that.”

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of random....

btw, if you're confused: I had forgotten to add that her main two jobs are the coffee shop and the shelter. In a past chapter, i had also had her working at a vintage clothing shop. If you go back, you'll see the changes. Um... but yeah. Those are her two main jobs. The vintage clothing shop, she's on call only for emergencies.

hehe

thanks for the banners, guys, and reading and commenting. :D keep it up!