Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Give Me Another

Bailey

Missy and I cheer after taking our seventh shot- the farthest we've gone since High School graduation two years ago. We clink glasses, plop them back down and she drags me on to the dance floor.

We laugh as the following song comes on by The Cab.

The lips that slip Are the lips that press
And the lips that leak seem to know you best

I put bodies into motion Keep this skin out in the open
Liars turn me on

Bed spread bandit since '89
You wear your heart on your sleeve
And threw mine to the sky..."


"This is great!" I yell, feeling my cheeks flush with energy.

"I know!" She sings, bumping hips with me. Ha, more like my thigh. Missy's barely over five foot tall, and she's always been so short- that's how she got the nickname Missy, her real name being Eleanore. Of course everyone picked called her Missy over that that. I myself am an even five foot six.

The Cab continues playing as we move to the music, even dancing with a few other guys. One comes over and grabs my waist, pulling me close. I smirk, pulling back just a little but not too much. And why not? He's got this cute brown hair that matches his eyes with that lopsided grin we don't find often these days.

Six songs later, I take her arm, pulling her away from the sweaty bodies. We nearly fall over each other, laughing for who knows what reason. "What time is it?" I call over the noise.

"Who cares?" She returns the question, grinning. "Oh, yeah- you never told me," she suddenly recalls while motioning to the bartender for a beer. "Any reason you wanted out tonight?"

I groan, leaning on the counter. "Derrick."

"What?" She screams.

"Derrick! The ------ freaking cheated on me! In my bed, too!" I add, taking a drag of her beer.

"You're kidding me!" She gasps. "No way! I thought you guys had something."

"Yeah, a bed we both liked," I return sarcastically. Then I speak to the bartender. "Give me another, will you?"

"I'll pay," comes a voice.

I whirl in surprise, and recognize the guy to be the brown haired one I had danced with. I smirk. "Fine by me."

Missy laughs quietly. "And I think I just found myself a guy, later girl." She waves, hops off the stool and disappears into the crowd.

"I'm Alex," the other guy offers, taking Missy's seat.

"Good for you."

"Feisty, I like," he waggles his eyebrows.

It makes me laugh and I take a sip of the beer. "Call it what you like, Alex."

"What, no name?" He asks, ordering his own beer.

I give a wry smile, offering my hand. "Just call me Bailey."