Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

On Her Wrist

Alex

I rock on my heels, staring out the window. The sun is gone and the moon is up. It’s pretty late now, I guess, but I’m just staring out. I think my phone rang a time or two, but I’m not too sure.

Georgie yips and I glance down. “Hey, fella. You want out?” I mutter, and open the screen door. Quickly the dog runs off and I sigh, watching him run around in circles like the nut he is.

I don’t know why, exactly, but I feel drained.

Okay, well I did do the heavy work, moving Bailey’s boxes around. Then working on our songs at the studio was stressing. And then coming here and dancing, well that was…

That wasn’t hard. That was honestly a blast.

So maybe I’m depressed. That’s it.

We were going to kiss, that’s why. I just know it. We were leaning in, so close- but then she stops it. Stops it right before anything can happen. But she wanted it, just like me! I don’t know why, I just know she did! So why did she stop??

I don’t like girls.

They’re confusing.

They don’t let me kiss them.

At least, the girl I really really want to kiss won’t let me kiss her.

I think that’s kind of mean, by the way.

After watching Georgie for a few minutes, I figure he’ll be fine for the night. And since it is late, I might as well head up for some sleep, cause we were planning on spending all day in the studio.

I pause outside my door, however, thinking. Considering the chances… Well, what can it hurt, really? Slowly I step across the hall and put my ear against her door. I don’t hear a sound. Biting my lower lip, I slowly open the door and peak in.

The moonlight falls on her face perfectly as she lies on top of her covers. She’s clutching one of the smaller pillows close to her chest, as though for comfort. Her lips part slightly to keep breathing, her chest moving up and down. While her arms hold the pillow, her fingers are lightly loose, and her knees are tucked up close.

“Bailey?” I whisper, just to be sure.

There’s no answer.

Tentatively, I step up, and continue watching her sleep.

Ha, I sound like a stalker.

Then again, if I could stalk Bailey… yeah, that would be nice. I sigh and carefully sit down next to her. Some hair has fallen out and in front of her face, so I brush it back behind her ear. Whoa, I’d never noticed how soft her hair is… yummy.

My breath catches and I freeze as Bailey stirs. Oh crap, not cool, she’d kill me… And her eyes are still closed!

“Alex…” she says softly in a passing whisper.

Um… I glance around, biting my lip. If she finds me, she’s going to kill me.

But I just can’t help myself. I like trouble, and I really like Bailey. After a minute of my heart going crazy, I realize she’s still asleep. Wait, that means she was dreaming of me?

Kinky.

She turns a little and I watch her nervously. But all she does is get comfier on her back, her legs still kept close. I stand cautiously, figuring I should probably go, when I freeze, spotting something.

On her wrist… she’s wearing my leather bracelet.

I stare. I’d wondered what happened… but then, skimming over her, I smile slightly and know it looks better on her. Plus it feels slightly like more ownership or something, like she’s really my girl or something.

Smiling to myself still, I step out and head to my own bedroom.