Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Old Fashioned

Alex

She’s gorgeous. Like a goddess!

What? You gotta admit it. Not many girls manage to pull off the early morning look. But when she stepped out- when I wasn’t looking at her body, that is- she still looked stunning.

Bailey is spent all over my mind for the morning; during my drive, during rehearsal, during break, during more rehearsal, and during our next snack break.

“Dude,” Jack whines, hitting my shoulder. “What is wrong with you today? You’re no fun!”

“I’m busy,” I wave him away.

“What, thinking?” He snorts. “You don’t know how to, so give up now and have some fun! I want to go get thrown out of Wendy’s.”

“Have fun,” I tell him and keep staring at my notebook. There’s this song I know that’s inside, trying to get out… and I want it to be about Bailey. But I just can’t get it out right or anything- the garbage can is full of failed ideas.

That, and I haven’t figured what we’d do tonight. Stupid Alexander, you don’t ask a girl out without any ideas…

But then again, that’s what I tend to do. In fact, that’s how many of my best dates went, I realize. Hm… well, fine. That’ll just have to work. That’s dealt with. Leaving me without a song… and my mind is, admittedly, still stuck on her this morning.

Her booty shorts were booty-licious!

Haha…

“Alex? You look funny. Stop daydreaming, you look stupid.”

I flip off Jack. “Yeah, well I’m allowed to.”

“So what’s all up your butt this morning?” He enquires, playing with a tennis ball. “Get it out of your system so we can go do something fun!”

I stare at Jack for a minute. “I saw Bailey this morning… early this morning.”

He stares and it finally dawns on him. “Wow… that is hott,” he admits. I nod furiously. “But that’s not getting us anywhere,” he points out. “Let’s go to Wendy’s, we’ve got forty minutes left!” And he drags me out.

Then suddenly, I’m in front of the coffee shop, blinking. It’s already seven… I chew my lip, watching inside. I see Bailey at the register and notice she keeps checking the time…

Oh, she’s excited! Yes!

I hope…

Taking a deep breath, I push down my feelings and pull open the door, sliding in. Letting my eyes roam quickly, I find it’s practically empty like the last time I was here. Then I smile as my eyes fall on Bailey, who’s currently helping a customer buy four coffees.

“Hello, beautiful!” I call out, just like last time.

Her head instantly perks up and spots me. I’m close enough to catch the hint of a smile creeping up. But then she returns to the customer and I helplessly wonder if she really did start to smile… well, let’s say she did. I walk over as the person leaves and lean forward. “Ready?” I beam at her.

“Just a minute,” she mutters, handling the cash register. Then off goes the apron and she grabs her cell phone. “So, where to?” She sighs and starts retying her ponytail.

I take the ponytail away. “Your hair looks pretty down,” I tell her as we walk out of the shop. “As for where… I have no idea,” I admit. “Any place you’d like to go?”

She looks at me in slight surprise. “You ask girls out and don’t know where you’re going to take them?”

“Well, sometimes the girls want a say in where they’re going,” I offer, shrugging my shoulders. “Are you sure there’s no where you want to go?”

Bailey sighs and starts thinking. “Do you like old movies?” She offers.

“How old? Like Disney?”

She snorts, shaking her head. “No, as in black and white.”

“Oh… I dunno. Why?”

“Drive in movie theater on the edge of town. There’s always an old movie playing,” she explains. “They don’t have the best popcorn, but it’s fun. Some people bring blankets and go lie on a field just behind the cars, and its like a picnic.”

“I like that!” I grin. “You’re smart. How about we grab some food? I got a blanket in my car, and we can be there in no time!” I accompany her to the car and we quickly find a grocery store. “Grab what you want,” I tell her. “And meet here in five minutes.”

Eight minutes later, I’ve got some chips and Corona. She grabbed cookies and the good and cheap champagne, along with paper cups, looking somewhat abashed. I just grin at her. “I like the way you think. Have I ever told you that?”

She raises her eyebrow. “It seemed pretty obvious, I suppose.”

I chuckle dryly and pay for the goods. With that, we head out and soon she directs me into the parking lot where there’s a huge screen propped up with a few random previews playing. I stop the car and have the urge to keep Bailey in here and close, but then she’d probably get mad. So I don’t.

In short: an old-fashioned date that went well. Well, and a slight disappointment. I was hoping for a make out session, or at least her falling asleep and me getting to hold her or something. But all we managed was to make some odd conversation as we eat, get sort of drunk and flirt like there’s no tomorrow, but eventually she sighs and goes quiet, not talking to me much anymore.

She’s bipolar, I think. But yeah… not that I’m complaining… it makes the good moments even greater! Two movies end up playing, though, so we watch those and eventually drive on home. We chat a little about what we liked about them, and I realize she enjoys old movies- even though she won’t admit it.
♠ ♠ ♠
.....
Stop daydreaming. You look stupid.
.......
*cracks up*

its really pathetic, too, me laughing at my own very pathetic and whatever jokes and comments...heheheeeeeeee. lol

OH!! School is over. I sucked at the Speech Contest [no, seriously, I was NOT any good], but my younger sister won! Which was good, cause... well, as much as I hate to say it, I try to bebrutally honest- she never really wins anything academically. Plenty smart, sure, but that's my place. Always was, and all that. Her only awards were in soccer. But she was seriously brilliant, and totally deserved it, seriously.
Research project and book done. Plus my Classical Shakespeare class I'm tyrant/president in, they performed the play I wrote. Oh, and I got voted Student Rep in my school... of about fifty, if that, students. :D .....I kinda knew I was gonna get it. Between my sister, me, and this other guy....who's kind of.... well,the only reason his name was up, was cause he voted for himself. And I'm not the social butterfly, but I connect to people a little better, and I tend to be a little nicer and friendlier, so.... whatever.
i was gonna say something. what -OH!!!

My awesome event of the day. ::: school's over for our commonwealth school, and since we live near the coast... we went to the beach! So i was hanging out with some friends- well, I'd gone to get a drink and returned. Clueless, I ask whats going on and they mention something about a hilarious fight....
Turns out, SOMEBODY [I still dunno who, actually, weird. haha] brought a ton of SHAVING CREAM and they started spraying and tossing it at each other on the beach. Now, it looked fun, but I dont like sand and i have a paranoid fear of people chasing me, so no tag or anything, BUT somehow somebody got some on my back, and then J [i'll disclose the names, lol] , a goofy friend of mine, shoves some on my arm. I try to get him back, but he's a skinny taller dude [though three years younger] and just keeps getting me worse.
Thirty minutes later, EVERYONE is literally covered in shaving cream from their waists up.... hehehee- if you have enough in your hair, we found out, you can style it!! one girl stuck it all to her head, while some did mohawks and other hilarious stuff... one guy styled his like Wolverine's. we took tons of pictures.... mebbe i can find one on facebook to show or something later.... but it was soooo hilarious! nearly got in my eyes- several times, actually- but it was a blast. J and some other nuts decided to walk around and try to talk to people, while just wearing his swimtrunks and covered in white cream. he said hi to a police man in the parking lot, to the life guards... haha, J said to them 'people love me!' and one life guard said something like 'well someone has to'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Fun= shaving cream + friends
great times, great times............sorry. just had to share. :D

check out my new story! Hope For The Hopeless. Might be a fanfic, dunno. bout a girl who's raped.... and her family's reallll strict....and yeah.....heh. OR Lost My Way, Lost The Light which is original, about a girl who's blind and pretty bitter with life.
:D luvs! comment, too!