Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Everywhere I Go

Bailey

Work… was boring.

Around lunchtime, I was alone, keeping the fort down… over myself. It was sort of apparent people wouldn’t come around for at least another hour. So I figured to turn the sign to ‘closed,’ found an old radio station, and cleared up some chairs. Dancing around, I hum and move extra packages around bored.

Eventually I have to reopen. People straggle in as a light drizzle hits the town and they take shelter for some warmth. I easily balance the responsibility until Kris, someone else who works here, finally stumbles in for a while.

Once the dinner rush is over, I figure it’s going to be empty again, and then I’m the only one here. Turning the sign over, I turn up the radio and find silence, my dear companion.

Taking a deep breath, I relax as I look around the empty room, the peaceful feeling coming over me. In my mind I form the image of a beautiful ballroom, with glass chandeliers, sparkling champagne, long dresses and so on.

The song is a foxtrot and I lazily recall a routine I had once formed, but I don’t bother too much as I begin the small steps casually, walking backwards. Biting my lip from habit, my arms raise in the perfect arcs and I twirl, making my circle around the empty place, my eyes not closed but neither seeing where I really am as I alter this reality.

It’s late at the studio, and everyone’s gone home. The teacher has let me remain for some extra practice before our performance. She doesn’t really know I have it down by every step, every curve- I just enjoy being in the studio.

I glance in the mirror and glance away, never really enjoying the view. My eyes close as I grasp the firm wooden pole, pinned to the wall, and I begin stretching again. The loosening of muscles feels good in the work out and a small smile slips onto my lips.

Feeling stretched after a few minutes, I walk lazily over to the boombox, pushing the play button. After a moment, the guitar strings trickle on speedily, a Spaniard playing.

I return to the center of the dance floor, a small smirk now playing on my face. My shoulders roll back and my hands form a slight circle, raising up and ending sharply.

The Paso Doble strikes up, faster than before and I have to stop my heels from automatically beginning.

Taking a deep breath, I open my eyes and roll my head to look at the ceiling, feeling the rush of adrenaline coursing through my body in excitement. For me, this is my time to relax, a moment of joy, while others may find it stressful.

It’s my little heaven.

The song goes on. I’ve trained so long, I don’t lose my breath and I don’t lose the beat.

The song ends and I freeze, smiling in triumph as sweat trickles down.


There’s a knock on the door and I freeze from my steps, turning around in surprise. The light is dim and I have to squint, cocking my head. Stepping forward, I see in surprise, that it’s Alex.

Of course. I should have known. Pursing my lips, I put a hand on my waist and walk towards him, pointing to the closed sign.

His response? He starts making out with the window and keeps winking at me.

Disgusted, I roll my eyes and turn around. Strutting back, I start cleaning up and deliberately ignore the creep. I check the time and recall I’m suppose to close early… like now. I frown. Eh, well, I closed a little late, but that’s all cool, I suppose…

Finally, there’s nothing else to do and I have to grab my things and head to the front door. Alex is no longer, thankfully, licking the window or anything, and is leaning against the door with his head down. Smirking, I step out of the way and pull it open, making him fall back in surprise.

“Oops,” I say simply, looking down at him. “I didn’t see you there.”

He clambers up, mumbling to himself. Catching my eye, he opens his mouth to say something, but then closes it. I raise my eyebrow warily, wondering what he had to say. “Uh… you, um… looked like you were having fun,” he offers lamely. “Dancing, that is.”

I nod slowly. “Did you fall and hit your head or something?”

“No,” he grins foolishly. “Just… saying.” He scratches his head. “Ehm. So… ready?”

“For what?”

“Home,” he shrugs. “But I was thinking we could do a movie fest, or more dancing,” he nods.

“Movies might be better,” I say hastily and usher him out the door, locking it behind me. “But if we’re just heading home, you could’ve waited,” I remind him. “I could have walked.”

“I thought you had a car?” He cocks his head.

I shake mine. “Nah, that was Missy’s. Since everywhere I go is within a few miles, I always just walk.”

“Oh… well, if my car’s not being used ever, you can use it,” he offers, leading me towards the vehicle.

Well, that honestly sort of surprises me. Guys letting anyone else drive their cars? Doesn’t happen often. Like Derrick never let me. And he had such a cool truck, dang it. I sigh and climb in, trying to pull myself from the thoughts of that stupid worthless person.

“You okay, Bay?”

I look at him and give a short nod. “Yeah, I’m cool.” I turn back to the window, rubbing my head and feeling somewhat irritated. With who, though? I’m not too sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been a while, eh? Heh... sorry! Been working on my other stories.
Mad As Rabbits- Brendon Urie
Ridiculously Odd- Ryan Ross
Lost My Way, Lost The Light- Original
Hope For The Hopeless- Jack Barackat
I'm Not A Princess-..... fanfic begun. go read! tell me who to use! lol

comment, my looooooves..... :D