Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Unfluffy Pillow

Alex

Well, tonight was…. Funny. Odd. Hilarious? Awkward? Or E, all of the above. Haha…

I manage to tug her into the room without making too much of a ruckus, even though she’s struggling the entire time. “Stop it,” I hiss, reaching my old room and pull her in, shutting the door. “You’re harder to pull off than Jack with his sugar.”

“Well it’s not like I wanted to take part in this- not any of this!” She whisper-yells.

“Well- well you should have thought of that before going to the bar,” I try to justify. “And come on, it’s not that bad.”

She just glowers at me.

I give a stressed sigh and run my hands through my hair. “Come on, Bailey, you can’t be taking this seriously.”

“Your mother is,” she points out, crossing her arms and pacing.

I watch her go left….go right….go left….dang, she’s sexy, go right… she’s barefoot, it’s adorable… the cute low top…. Long curly hair… bright eyes… Something sharp runs across my face. “Ow!” I hold my cheek with a whine.

She gives me an awkward look, not meeting my eyes. “You were staring at me. It was weird,” she mutters and goes back to pacing.

IT’s not my fault she’s so freaky hottbeautifulperfectmiiiiiiiine…. Crap, I’m drooling. I clear my throat, wiping my hands across my face. “Okay, just take a deep breath,” I start when I can focus again. Then I take her gently by the shoulders and make her sit down. “Cause it’s not going to help if you just keep wandering.”

“I can’t stay still,” she confesses through gritted teeth and I see indeed her fingers are dancing, with one leg keeping beat to some random beat. So I put my hand on her leg, and my other hand on her hand. She tries avoiding my eyes but finally meets them with a frown.

“September,” I remind her. “If mom insists on making plans, let her- just don’t let her buy anything. Then… then on September, if we-”

“When,” she corrects me.

Darn it.

But I roll my eyes and continue. “When we… no longer have to keep this up, then we’ll just say she was right, this was too soon, and it just couldn’t work out. Mom’ll be disappointed but she’ll get over it,” I shrug.

She searches my eyes for a minute. “Wow. You almost sounded smart,” she says finally.

Ouch.

I sigh, standing. “Yeah, yeah,” I mutter. “But I’m tired and it’s late here, okay? Do you want the bathroom first?” I offer after a minute, trying to be polite.

“Yeah, whatever,” she mutters, grabs some things, and goes into the bathroom.

Sighing, I run my hands through my hair and sit on the edge of the bed as the door locks and I sort of tune out, my thoughts wandering around. It- it’s just so hard, trying to understand this girl. I mean, so things sucked in the past- I get it. But… she’s not letting go.

I bite my lip, remembering the same problem just a few years ago. I frown, going to stand and look outside my window like I did a lot as a kid. How long ago was it? Wow- barely five years ago. Only five years ago since…

I shake my head in a grimace. I’m not forgetting- I’ve just moved on. I’ll always remember, but… life wasn’t meant to be wasted, after all. So I’m not going to waste it. I refuse to do that- I want to spend my life doing what I want, enjoy what I’ve got when I’ve got it.

That pulls me to look back at the door yearningly. Better hope she’s not wasting her life, spending it recalling the past… shrugging, I start rummaging through my bag and hurriedly change myself into just wearing some dark blue pajama bottoms- I figured I’d be a little nice, starting out with some more clothes than… with her all moody… yeah.

“You can go in,” Bailey mutters and I turn, seeing her shifting uneasily at the doorway, wearing some small blue girl boxer shorts with a deep green tank, hugging her skin…. Beautifully.

Clearing my throat, I struggle to give a nod and brush past her, entering the bathroom. I hurriedly brush my teeth and the like, before stepping out, finding Bailey sitting against the headboard, her legsunfortunately covered with the blankets and fiddling with her hair.

She looks up in surprise, and our eyes meet. Just the moment makes my heart beat wildly and I start to go speechless and breathless like never before, when she moves her gaze away and the moment is gone. Giving a polite cough, she murmurs, “Night.” And still avoiding looking at me, she carefully slides down and covers herself in the sheets, and I’m seemingly forgotten.

Trying not to dwell on that depressing fact, I trudge to the end of the bed where my sleeping bag is, and using an old very unfluffy pillow, I try to get comfy. Ten minutes later, I hear a slight sigh and in the darkness, a pillow is thrown at my face. “Thanks,” I offer, but she doesn’t respond.

Sleep eventually comes, where I dream about the past and the future mixing into one and it really annoys me somehow- but I’m woken as the sun is rising, by some noise.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back.
Enjoy! One or two more to post.... okay, just one.
Cause I expect lots of comments.
Cause I've over a thousand readers, and nearly two hundred subscribers.

:D