Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

We Can Leave

Alex

“Done?” I ask her when I’m finished eating- delicious! Can’t quite meet my mom’s standards, but still really good. I lean back in my seat casually, patting my stuffed tummy.

She catches it and rolls her eyes, giving a slight nod. I nod as well, and stand up. I’ve paid the check and leave a twenty-dollar tip [what? I got the cash, after all] and we head out together.

“Home?” She asks in me her soft quiet tone as we strap in.

“Mm-hmm,” I nod and start the car. She fiddles with the radio, checking out all of the channels and the like, trying to figure them out. I finally flip to one she might enjoy, and it seems good enough because she stops playing with it as A Day To Remember comes on.

“There you two are,” mom says cheerfully as we step back in. “So, did you two have some quality time then?”

Bay shrugs as I do the same, getting some coke to drink- I pass a can to Bay who starts drinking, also. Leaning against the counter, I take a gulp, gargle loudly for fun, and then swallow it, receiving a reprimanding look from both women.

Spooky.

Anyways, I just shrug and drink some more. Mom sighs from cutting the celery and pauses to wipe her hands on her apron. “Anyways, children,” she continues as if nothing’s happened, “I was thinking we could all go by that lake and have a picnic! You know, like a little double date?” She smiles earnestly, looking to and fro at us.

Trying not to wince, I look cautiously at Bay who’s stopped bringing the can up to her lips, her mouth partially open and sort of looking like she’s ready to puke while also frozen in time. Finally her eyes glance up to mine and she’s giving me a look obviously saying I do not want to do this, don’t make me do this, you can’t make me do this, get me out of this crazy place!

She….. is gonna kill me.

I turn back to mom. “Sure. When?”

“We can leave in about three hours,” mom smiles. “Seeing as it’s about forty-five minutes, and the traffic will be horrible. Say, let’s just take the one car and we can talk some more on the way, yes? Oh, this should be fun,” and smiling, she heads off.

Don’t leave me! Not with a psycho murderer! Nooo…uh oh.

Taking a deep breath, I wipe a hand across my face and pull up a smirk, looking at Bay. “So… excited, huh?”

I think she’s flaring her nostrils at me. Whoa… “I. Hate. You. With a passion,” she adds lowly and stomps upstairs.

Dang it. And just when things were getting better… Shrugging, I ruffle my hair and let it roll off my shoulders. I wander into the family room, find Spongebob Squarepants on, so I sit down and start watching.

What? Spongebob rocks!

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
This is put up in congrats [to myself, lol] for having 200 subscribers! Pretty freaking awesome!!! :D
See, aren't y'all lucky I'm so nice?? So many other writers demand like ten comments for every chapter. If I did that, I'd have over 600 comments by now.... which would be aweome, I'm just saying. ;D I mean, I do ask for some comments and all, but that's just to make sure you all are still reading and everything, you know? So yeah...

still need ideas for awkward dinner!!! please, please, please, gimme ideas!!