Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Hold Me Down

Alex

Sleep comes pretty quickly after I’ve finished most of Bailey’s hair- I’d seriously not enjoy her getting sick. That might make her more moody, and I really, really don’t like seeing people sick. Not just cause I might get sick but cause it sucks that people- especially awesomely beautiful people like Bay- have to suffer. So yeah… and it meant I got to fiddle with her hair and watch her sleep like an angel. I lost nothing, see?

When I finally wake up from one of the best sleeps in a while [or since I last slept beside her], I find she’s not there next to me, but gone and probably eating breakfast. Ruffling my hair, I yawn and climb out of bed, pulling on a shirt for the cool morning’s air, and start stumbling downstairs.

I nearly chuckle, finding her holding her head in her hands with a coffee, and my mom across the table, rambling on about some soap opera or other. I consider deserting, but Bay’s head comes up and she sends me a mental message to come save her. Looking over, it makes my mom look over her shoulder.

Beaming, she bustles around, getting food for me and the like, chattering on and on about some stuff or other. I roll my eyes and sit down, letting her get me some pancakes and an orange. Though it does bother me that Bay only has a coffee and mom’s not getting her anything. Cause it doesn’t look like she’s been up long enough to eat- or awake enough to eat, either.

“Thanks,” I mumble, and offer the orange to Bay, who sighs, staring at it wistfully.

“Oh, Alexander,” Mom pats my shoulder. “That’s for you to eat. Bailey and I will be going to a brunch meal, my favorite place,” she smiles.

“Under The Sea?” I frown. “But that’s all seafood, that’s not brunch.”

Mom shrugs, bustling around some more and chooses to ignore the comment. Bay sighs. “That’s what I tried telling her,” she mutters softly.

“Do you like seafood?” I ask after a moment.

She opens her mouth, but glances at my mom. Then she looks at me and shakes her head, pretending to choke and gag on something. I chuckle, pulling at my orange. I glance at my mom again and when she’s not looking, I hand Bailey a piece. She mouths thanks to me and quickly eats it before my mom can see anything.

I manage to share s few more slices with her before mom returns and sits down happily. “So, Bailey, excited for our girls time out?” She asks happily.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Bay gives a smile but I’m the only one, obviously, to catch the dry sarcasm coming from her gorgeous ruby lips.

“Great! Now, I was thinking, first we can eat. I’m sure you’re just dying to try their lobster, dear. All covered with butter, it’s delicious. Then we can take a trip by the salon, maybe the mall, and if there’s time after, a movie!”

“That’ll be more than two hours,” I point out, trying to keep Bailey from killing the woman who gave birth to me.

Mom barely glances at me before drinking some of her own coffee. “Well, maybe,” she smiles slyly. “But I’m sure you can take it, dear. Five hours at the most, all right?”

“That’s over double the time I gave you,” I point out.

“And I should be allowed five hours alone with my new daughter-in-law that I’ve never met until she was already married to my son,” she points out for herself. Darn that woman. “So you can wait, little mister.”

I open my mouth to object, but I can’t think of anything more, and start grumbling to myself.

“Now, now, stop acting like you’re five,” mom pats my arm. “We’ll be back before you know it! Bailey, dear, are you ready to go?”

“Just give me a minute,” she mutters and heads upstairs to fix her hair a little, and probably change out of her pajamas. Even though she’s irresistibly adorable in them…

Mom was in a hurry and I never got to say good-bye, unfortunately. Upon finding the car leaving our yard, I watch them through the window then sigh, finding myself…. Alone… Trudging around, I finally step into the closed door, always the closed door.

Dan’s room.

Sighing to myself, I look around at the navy blue walls, hung with random posters and pictures of friends- and his last girlfriend. When… when he died, we left the room as it is, like a silent agreement to treasure his last days. Swallowing, I sit on the bed and just gaze around for a while.

Eventually, I step out, feeling mildly depressed and I find my dad watching some old football game that I had missed last week and evidently, so had he. So we spend the next few hours for our own bonding… over beer and football, of course. Plus chips and salsa- a must have, as always.

“We’re ho-ome!” Mom cries exactly five hours later. “Did you miss us too much?” She beams, stepping into the family room, holding several shopping bags from random places… whoa, my mom shops at Victoria Secret? I think I’m scarred for life!

“Uh, yeah, uh… where’s Bailey?” I frown, peaking around to see if she’s died on the floor from her misery… or did she run away? Faint? Kill a security guard or something? Try to steal a gun? The possibilities are endless.

“Hm? Oh… she must have gone up to your room,” mom nods. “We had to finish up early because she said she wasn’t feeling so good.”

“Early? Not feeling good?” My eyebrows crease in concern.

Mom nods. “Yes, Alex. I thought we’d shop some more but she began saying she felt ill and so I decided it’d be best for us to return. I’m sure she’s just lying down, now. But we did have such fun! I bought lots of things.”

“Obviously,” I mutter to myself, and then louder, I say, “I’m going to go check up on Bailey.” With that, I hurry up the steps, hearing mom talk to dad about how cute it is that I care for her like this.

“Bay?” I ask softly, stepping into my room.

She’s spread out on the bed and groans, sitting up, giving me a glare. “I’ve never been more miserable than those five hours, Alex. You seriously owe me.”

I blink. “You got high-lights.”

Her head thumps back onto the mattress as she moans again. “Not my choice!” Her hand crawls to her hair, pulling at it. “I should just cut them all out.”

“No, no,” I say quickly, stepping over to the bed. “They look great, honestly. It brightens up your face.”

She covers her face in her hands. “That’s what your mom said!”

“Did you get your [URL= http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//8000/700/60/7/18767.jpg]nails[/URL] done?” I ask in surprise, my mind wandering and looking her over. “Looks like some [URL= http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFjNJOXpmS2xxM2hHbjBVd3JUbXp0QWcAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg] new clothes, [/URL] too.”

She peaks through her fingers, glaring at me. “Like I said, not. My. Choice.”

“But you seem to have chosen the nail polish,” I offer helpfully, noticing all her nails are different and quirky.

“Barely,” she sighs, uncovering her face- and revealing she received a make-over, mostly with natural looking colors. Still, it partially disappoints me. All the make-up caked up on her disguises her real beauty, and I want to be able to see that again, and all the time. She keeps talking and distracts me for a while.

“It was seriously, the worst day of my life. I sat staring at a dead lobster, greasy in butter until your mom finally gave up and didn’t make me eat it. Then she said I needed my nails done, cause they looked horrible- yes she said horrible,” she adds. “Then she seriously said my hair was making me look all gothic and evil, so she decided I needed hazel high-lights. After that, she figured my style could use her help- again, her own words- and we had to shop at this bizarre disgusting place with all these pastels until I managed to get her to leave. But she made me then stop at the movies for this horrifying romance movie that wasn’t funny or anything and I nearly puked,” she keeps ranting. “Finally I managed to tell her- with her actually listening- that I wasn’t feeling good and we had to go before she figured I needed something else!” She throws her hands up.

I nod and glance around silently. “Hey, you got Victoria Secret.” I grin at her. “Can I see what you got?”

“No!” Her eyes widen. “Your mother wouldn’t let me leave the store till I bought something, but I’m going to return it!”

“Aww,” I pout. “But all the more for me to see it before it disappears!” I smirk and turn off the bed for it.

“No!” Bay cries, jumping on my back and making me fall. “Don’t you dare, Alex!” She warns me, trying to hold me down.

Sexy…

“Aw, come on!” I whine and continue squirming, farther and farther… “Aha!” I cry victoriously. I push aside the tags and everything and grab the hanger. Grinning at the lingerie, I whistle at Bay, who’s frozen as she sits on my hips.

“Shove it,” she growls after a minute and pushes it back in the box, crossing her arms sullenly.

“Aww,” I pout. “But it looked so sexy! You should keep it! Wear it! For me?” I flutter my eyelashes with a pout.

She looks at me and starts laughing, to the point where she falls off. I watch her quizzically, trying to decide if that’s a good or bad reaction. Maybe I should be offended?

Image