Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Soul Mate In Prison

Bailey

I glare at the front door, my arms crossed and I'm wearing a scowl. My mind is busy coming up with plenty of words I'll be saying to that- that devil's spawn! How dare he! This, this Alex! He comes in my house, waltzes around as if he owns it, does some odd voodoo on me, leaves his bracelet, and steals my knife!

And left me with one heck of a hangover that I hadn't really noticed till now...

The door is swung upon suddenly as a cheerful Missy steps in. Then she immediately steps back. "Whoa, there. Did I do something?"

I blink and stop staring, dropping my arms to hang limply at my side. "No...."

She raises her eyebrow, slipping off her shoes. "And... someone did?"

"Yes." I say simply and stomp to my kitchen, moving things around.

"Oookay, then," she mutters, following me and starts pulling her light blond hair up. "Well, guess what!" She bubbles happily. "I met someone last night."

"Like always," I murmur and start looking for some advil. Curses, where is it? I turn and Missy pulls them from the cupboard and tosses the bottle to me. "Thanks." And I take them dry with a small sigh. "What's his name?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Zack," she says promptly. "Though he wouldn't say his last name..."

"Cause he doesn't want you to find him again."

She laughs. "No. It just didn't come up. And he's taking me out later today, anyways, to meet his friends. Hey, you wanna come?"

"No," I say darkly. "I'm just going to cut myself and listen to some Betsy Clyne."

She blinks. "Who's that?"

I can't help but laugh. "It's nothing- some weird singer. First thing in my head, okay? But no, I don't want to go meet your boyfriend's friends."

"But he says they're cute," she offers.

"First sign of being gay," I sing, grabbing some Diet Coke and give her a look when I turn to look at her.

"No, it's not, okay? And you're just jealous...." she trails off and squeals. "What is that?!

"What?" I try the innocent act. "Nothing..."

She grabs my hand before I can hide it. "Oh my holy freaking pie!" She gasps, squinting at my finger....ring finger... "That's a- that's your wedding ring! But- what is it doing on your finger... right now?" she looks up, her eyebrow raised.

I attempt a laugh. "Heh, funny story, there..." She just gives me that look. I groan. "Fine. You know how I was glaring at the door?" She nods, confused at the sudden question. That's when I launch in to the story, having finally recalled everything from last night.

"Wow," is all Missy manages when I'm done. "So... what are you going to do?"

I frown. "I don't know! Hope the guy doesn't come back, I guess."

"If you meet someone else, then what?" She points out.

"Well, if I don't tell him... and we can't find official documents..." I shrug carelessly with a slight smirk. "Then what's the problem?"

"Naughty," she chuckles. "But then, what if this Alex returns?"

"Force him to do an annulment or divorce, whatever." I shake my head. "I don't know. Heck, I"ll probably just end up strangling him next time I see him, so that won't be a problem."

"Great," Missy smiles sarcastically. "You can meet your soul mate in prison."

I shrug, hoping off the counter to head to my bedroom, and she follows. "Hey, you never know," I offer up, and find some clothes for the day- red skinny jeans, gray converse, black stud belt, and a black tank with a The Users band red tank over it. I pull my black hair through the hairbrush as Missy roams my jewelry box.

"Hey, why is on the floor?" She asks and picks up the bracelet.

"It's not mine," I glare at it through the mirror. "Let's burn it," I grin, excited with the new idea.

She gives me a hard look. "Last time you did that, you caused the smoke alarm to go off and you were kicked out of the apartment complex."

I shrug. "Those people were just picky, okay? How many times do I have to tell you, jeez..."

Missy clears her throat. "Speaking of apartments... you know how I told you how I needed to be moving out of mine?"

I freeze. "No, Missy."

"Aw," she pouts. "But you have the extra room, I can pay my half of the rent, too! And I'll keep the kitchen clean," she offers.

The kitchen clean.... I scowl at myself. Dang.

"Thanks," she smirks, realizing what just went on in my head. After all, she knows I'm a failure in the kitchen area. I'd seriously been begged in High School to quit that class cause I caused so many problems.

The doorbell rings and I notice how she perks up, smiling. "What....? Missy!" I snap, turning. "Did you tell your boyfriend you lived here?"

"Well," she allows, "I... didn't see any reason in telling him I was just about to move out," she offers a small sheepish smile. "You don't mind though, do you?"

"Actually, yeah," I mutter under my breath, but all the same I follow her to the door, somewhat curious to see who this 'stud' was.

The guy looks somewhat familiar. Hm. Maybe I saw him the other night. But who knows? And I don't care. After he hugs Missy, he turns to me with a hesitant smile. "Uh, hi."

"Uh?" I repeat, raising my eyebrow.

Missy laughs in the awkward silence. "Bails," she says warningly with a smile, "say hello."

"Hello," I echo, rolling my eyes.

"Zack, this is Bailey, my best friend and apartment-mate. Bailey, this is Zack, my boyfriend." She beams.

"Yeah, sure. Have fun, bye." I wait for them to go.

"You want to come?" Zack asks. "It doesn't look like you have anything to do. I know my friends are a little crazy, but it's always some fun. Loud music, little bit of beer, some pizza. I promise not to steal Missy away too much," he offers.

"Yeah, you totally should," Missy says eagerly. "And you can leave if it gets too boring. He lives near the mall, where you've been needing to go."

I hate it when people gang up on me. I sigh, gritting my teeth. "I'll grab my wallet," I mutter and stalk off. Grabbing that, I shove it in my back pocket along with my cell. I grab a black slouchy hat. It goes on my head as I follow them out of my apartment and we head off.

Off, to misery...