Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Broke Loose

Bailey

I’ve started pacing again, twisting my fingers. I don’t know why, I think, but I can’t help myself. I glance up, seeing Missy return from the kitchen with some coffee. “Took you a while,” I mutter and take a long sip.

“Well, so what,” she rolls her eyes, plopping down on the couch.

We stay there in silence for a few minutes, the time trickling by. “Why can’t I stay still?” I mutter angrily to myself.

“Cause you know he’s going to come,” Missy answers for me.

“Shush. And no he won’t,” I add quickly.

“You know he will,” Missy sings and starts humming from that ridiculous Disney movie. Ugh, what was it? Enchanted, or something? Yeah, that one upbeat ridiculous thing. “I’m telling you,” she says after a moment. “You’re just nervous cause you have no idea what you’ll say when he arrives.”

“Will you be quiet?” I hiss. “And if he does come- which I know he won’t- I’ll know exactly what I’ll say to him.”

“Oh yeah?” She smirks, crossing her arms. “What? Whatever will you tell him, Bailey? I’m dying to know,” she says mocking me lightly.

“Oh, shut up,” I growl, running a hand through my hair.

“Seriously, Bay. You gotta come up with something, cause he’s gonna come…”

“How would you know that?” I interrupt her.

“He called,” she shrugs innocently.

I stop in my tracks, staring at her with my mouth opened. Then two things happen at once. My phone starts to ring and the front door starts ringing it’s bell. Missy smirks at me. My eyes widen as I watch her walk over and open the door, revealing Alex.

He nods his thanks and steps in, his eyes falling on mine. I stare at him, unable to say anything, let alone start my thinking process again.

“Aren’t you coming?” He asks, his face shifting to look disappointedly sad, and somewhat desperate.

I swallow hard, trying not to react, but I can’t help it, and my heart starts thudding hard and loud inside my chest. My hands tighten in fists, and then loosen up. “Well, I… I just…uh, er, um…” is all I manage to stutter out.

“Everything is okay, remember?” He asks me as Missy quietly shuts the door and heads off to a corner. She’ll stay out of the way, but she’s definitely going to watch this. “Please. It… come on, Bailey,” he sighs and shakes his head, and his voice gets stronger. “So it’s scary, it’s new, unexpected. But that’s life. You have to overcome your fears, Bailey. I love you, and you can’t make me stop.”

“I can try,” I offer in a small voice.

He starts to say something, but shakes his head and goes silent, checking the time. “Are you going to pick up your cell?” He finally asks.

I jump and realize my phone is still ringing. Sighing, I pick it up and check the caller I.D.

Sergeant Matheson.

“No,” I whisper.

“Bay?” Missy asks, somewhat worried.

I swallow hard and shake my head. Swallowing, I lick my lips and holding the phone with two hands, I open my phone. “Hello?” I ask in a small voice.

“Bailey? Bailey Richards? You remember me, Sergeant Matthews?”

I nod but recall he can’t see me. “Uh- uh yeah, yeah it’s me,” I manage in a somewhat stronger voice. “Is… is everything okay?” I ask, biting hard on my lip.

“Not quite, Bailey. We need you to come in, there are some things we need to tell you.”

I shake my head and glance at Alex. “Uh- actually, I… I’m about to leave town,” and I don’t know if this is a lie or not. “Um… what is it, Sergeant? No-nothing’s wrong… right?”

He falls silent for a moment. “I’m sorry, Bailey. We were transferring him across the state, into Michigan. Somehow on the road, he broke loose. Killed both officers and took off with the van. Left it in Utah and he’s disappeared since. He’s been sited a time or two in Arizona, and he’s already taken three victims. We believe there’s a 98% chance he’s headed to L.A. For you, Bailey.”

Disappeared…

“No,” I manage faintly, shaking my head and my breathing becomes faint. “No, no, no, you- you’re lying. It’s a sick joke,” I mumble. I try to take deep breaths, but it’s not coming fast enough. I hear voices calling my name-

And everything goes black.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

and that my dear friends and readers, will be most of the plot in the sequel.

who is it? why did Matheson call her about it? how is it all connected?
what will happen NOW???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eep. so exciting.
comment, my pretties! ;D