Art's A Blast...And So Are You

Chapter 13

You were woken up when you felt someone carrying you. Still very tired, you slowly opened your eyes. You were in the arms of a man with white hair and the majority of his face covered.

"Ka-kakashi?" He nodded, not taking his eyes, well, eye off you.

"Okubyoo, what happened? You look terrible."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You're wearing Akatsuki robes. So you joined them, huh?" As soon as he mentioned your robes you burst into tears. "Okubyoo, if they've hurt you in any way, tell me. I'll make sure they pay for it."

You continued crying, burying your face in his chest. All you wanted to do was go home, back to the base. You didn't want to go back to Konoha where you would be imprisoned for joining an organization filled with criminals. But you knew Kakashi wouldn't allow this.

"Everyone's been worried sick about you. Your friends from Suna have been keeping in touch hoping we've heard from you. I've never seen Kiba and Akamaru this depressed. They miss you greatly. The whole village misses you."

You sighed. 'I miss them too, but I can't go back. I just can't.' You looked up at Kakashi. "Um, can you put me down? I want to walk on my own." You didn't think he would buy this, but it was worth a shot.

He nodded and stopped. But as soon as your feet touched the ground you collapsed. You were too weak from lack of food and a good night's sleep. You didn't force yourself up, but just sat there, holding your growing stomach hidden beneath the robes, knowing this wasn't good for you or your baby.

"Okubyoo, you're too weak. Here." He pulled out several packages of crackers and a bottle of water.

"Thank you," you said, taking them from him and eating all of them before chugging the water.

"Okubyoo, why won't you talk to me? We used to talk about everything together."

You looked away. "Kakashi, I don't want to talk about what's happened to me and I don't want to go back to the village."

"Why not? It's your home." He didn't notice that you were now rubbing your stomach.

"I have my reasons. I'm a member of the Akatsuki. Everyone knows Itachi kidnapped me and the new Hokage is gonna want information. I can't give them what they want. I swore I would keep the organization's secrets, and you know I don't go back on my word."

"Well, you're going back anyway." And with that he picked you up and headed for Konoha.

You tried to keep the tears from escaping your eyes. 'Deidara, where are you?'

~Back at the Base~

'Deidara, where are you?' This was about the millionth time he's heard your voice since you had disappeared.

"Leader-Sama, I need to find her, un." He was determined to find you and bring you home safely.

"Deidara, we don't even know where she is. Zetsu has been going out every day trying to find her and has failed every time. I know you love her and miss her dearly, but it's no use. Everyone else is out on missions and I need you, Sasori, and Tobi here," Pein said, not taking his eyes off his paperwork.

Deidara was fuming. As he left Pein's office, he reached into his pocket and pulled out some clay. He was waiting for Tobi to piss him off. Sure enough, Tobi came running down the hallway, yelling at the top of his lungs. He sent the clay figure over to Tobi and blew it up, hoping the explosion would cheer him up.

It failed and he sighed as he entered the room you shared. Your things were still where you had left them. Your clothes were still in the closet and your art supplies were still sitting on the desk next to the puppet Sasori made. On the nightstand was the clay bird he made you.
"Deidara, may I come in?"

"Sure Sempai, un." Sasori entered and sat next to him.

"Deidara, she will return. If for some reason she can't come back on her own, then she will let you know where she's at so you can get her. I know this must sound strange coming from me, but be patient."

~Outside Konoha~

"Please, Kakashi. Please, I can't go back."

"Tell me why not and maybe I will consider releasing you." You knew he was bluffing so you kept quiet.

"Then I guess you're coming back with me," he said as he carried you through the main gate. The ninjas sitting at the gate watched after the two of you, their mouths hanging open.

"Kakashi-Sensei!" Naruto yelled as he ran up. "Why do you have an Akatsuki member with you?!"

"Don't you recognize her?"Kakashi asked as he set you down in-front of the village's number one knuckle-headed ninja.

"No, who is she?"

"Wow, as clueless as ever," you said quietly.

"Okubyoo?"

"Yea, it's me."

"WHAT THE HELL?!"

"Naruto, please be quiet. I don't want everyone to know it's me." But it was too late. The whole street turned to look at the three of you and everyone gasped. A few people screamed and mothers pulled their children inside.

Immediately, what was left of Konoha's ninja showed up and couldn't believe what they saw. Every one of them glared at you. Your family wouldn't even look in your direction. As far as they were concerned, you were just a stranger.

"Come on Okubyoo. Gotta get you to Tsunade."

"Who?"

"The fifth Hokage."

"Oh."

You followed Kakashi closely with Naruto right behind you. He kept staring at you until he saw Kiba up ahead. He started yelling for him. Then Akamaru started barking.

"What? She's back?!" He looked up and sure enough there you were.

"Okubyoo, what's going on?" 'Why aren't you with Deidara?'

'Now isn't a good time. I'm sure I'm gonna be imprisoned soon so come visit me later. I can tell you everything then.' He nodded and walked next to Naruto.

About five minutes later you were on your way up to Tsunade's office. You were shaking a bit, terrified about what awaited you.

"Don't worry, Okubyoo. Everything will be fine,"Kakashi said as he looked back at you. You looked back at Kiba worried. He nodded making you feel a little bit better, but not much.
You reached her office and started shaking even more. Anxiety was taking over.

"I can't do this," you said as you turned around to make a break for it.

"Get back here Missy," Kakashi said as he grabbed your arm and pulled you into the room.