Art's A Blast...And So Are You

Chapter 18

Gaara went to find Temari and Kankuro while you waited for them at the village entrance. Tears began to build up when you realized how close you were to giving birth. The baby was due around your 19th birthday, which was only a month away. You forgot how long you were gone.

"So, are we ready to go?" Kankuro asked when the siblings reached you.

"I guess," you replied, turning and making your way to Suna.

"Are you ok?" Temari asked as she looked at you.

"Not really." You didn't speak again until you reached the village three days later.

Before entering the village, you transformed back to normal and sighed, looking around.

'It's been so long. I wonder if anyone remembers me.'

"Okubyoo, I think you should come with me," Kankuro said. You nodded and followed him, not paying attention to where you were going. When he stopped you looked up to see two elderly people fishing.

'Kankuro,' you thought, looking at him.

'You need to see them.'

'Fine.' You pouted but moved forward.

"Ah, Kankuro. You've returned. Who is your friend?" The elderly woman greeted him. Her eyes moved up to your headband and she gasped. "How could you betray us by bringing a leaf shinobi here?!"

"You don't recognize her, do you?" She squinted and shook her head.

"It's me, Grandma Chiyo," you said.

"Okubyoo?" You nodded.

"After all this time you're finally returning to us?"

"I'm not staying for long. Just until I can get back home."

"You mean back to Konoha?"

"No, Grandma. I have a new home. I'm staying here until my family comes for me."

"Family?" She looked you over and noticed your baby bump. "You're expecting?"

"Yes. I'm due soon and I want to get home before the baby arrives."

"Where is your husband?"

You lowered your eyes. You didn't want her to know you were unwed. "He's back home. He's the one coming for me."

"Where is he from?" she asked eying you.

"The hidden rock village."

"So you live there now?"

"No, we live outside the village. Excuse me, Grandma, but I need to speak with Gaara." You bowed and left.

'I'm gonna kill Kankuro for this.' You frowned. You left Suna because your grandmother tried to push you to be a puppeteer like the rest of the family. She wanted you to be more like your cousin Sasori and it hurt knowing she favored him over you. He left before you were born and she never got over it. Like your aunt and uncle, both of your parents were killed in battle so you were left in her care.

"Hi Gaara," you said as he jumped from the roof to stand next to you.

"What's wrong?" His aqua eyes stared at you.

"Kankuro tricked me into seeing her." You closed your eyes trying to push away the memories of your early childhood. "I'm only gonna stay here a short time. I need to figure out how to get home. I didn't want her to know I was here."

Kankuro appeared and you sighed looking at him.

"I hope you heard that last part," you said crossing your arms.

"Sorry. I just felt it would be good for you to see her. Those two are the only biological family you have left." You sighed again and left.

You went to the siblings' place and rummaged through your things, pulling out a map of the countries.

'Finally, I can figure out where the hidden rain village is. I know I heard Leader-sama say something about the base being near there.' You scanned the Land of Rain until you found it. 'Ok, it shouldn't take very long for me to reach his village. I'll stay here a few days and prepare before leaving.'

There was a bang and you turned around to see Temari standing in the doorway.

"Kankuro told me about your meeting with the old lady."

"Did he also tell you I'm leaving as soon as possible?"

"Please stay with us Okubyoo. We'll help take care of the baby and make sure it has a good life."

"No. I'm going home and that's that. Also, I want it made very clear that I'm making this journey alone. I don't want anyone to get hurt."

"What if you get hurt?"

"Then I'll call for someone. No one is to know where I'm going though." You yawned and shoved the map in your pocket. "I'm going to bed. I need to start preparing tomorrow."

You entered the spare room that was given to you and closed the door. You changed into pajamas and crawled into bed.

'Deidara, just wait a few more days. I'll be home within the next week and a half. I promise.'