Art's A Blast...And So Are You

Chapter 1

It's a beautiful day, and you're sitting with Hinata and your adoptive brother Kiba waiting for Sasuke's and Gaara's match to begin during the final test of the Chunin exams.

'Part of me doesn't want Sasuke to fight Gaara, but I know that if he doesn't he can't become a chunin yet,' you think, nervous about what's to come.

"Okubyoo, are you ok?" Kiba asks.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because you're chewing on your thumb nail. You only do that when you're worried or upset."

"Gomennasai. I just don't want to see this fight. Gaara is very dangerous. He could easily kill Sasuke. He will if he gets the chance."

"How do you know?"

"Because of his blood lust. No one can control him. All of Suna fears him. Even his family. I'm the only one that doesn't and even I can't stop him. It's suicide to try."

While you two talked, the match had already begun. When you look up, Gaara and Sasuke are gone.

'Kuso! This isn't good,' you think.

You decide to follow them and use your telepathy to figure out where they're going. After a while, you stop because you can hear the thoughts of Sakura, Naruto, and Shikamaru. By now, anxiety was setting in. You had been trying to control your problem, and were doing well until Orochimaru showed up.

After Shikamaru split from the group, you speed on ahead to try and catch up with Sasuke. You found him with Kankuro and Shino. You want to continue on, but the village needs you. Even though you know about Gaara's strength, you're sure the genin can take care of themselves. Before you leave to go back to the village and help the shinobi, you look at Shino.

'Be careful. And good luck,' you say in his head.

Shino just nods as you make a quick hand-sign and disappear.

Back at the village, you join in the battle against the sound and sand ninja. The villagers were safely evacuated and Konoha has plenty of strong ninjas so you return to your search for Gaara.

'I hope everything is ok. I can tell they've caught up with him. Gaara, please don't give into the blood lust. Not now. Not when innocent lives are at stake.'

You speed up trying to catch them when you suddenly see Temari off in the distance. Pushing yourself to go faster, you make it to the group.

"Damn it, I'm too late." You saw Sakura pinned to a tree and Sasuke lying on a branch. Gaara has already begun to change. Naruto is staring him down a top a giant toad.

"Okubyoo, get out of here, it's not safe!" Naruto yells.

"I can't, I can't leave knowing my friends are in danger!"

"Then help Sasuke and Sakura! Make sure they're safe!"

"Hai!"

You look after them for a while until the fight between Naruto and Gaara is over, the whole time praying no one you care about will die today. Unfortunately, your prayers weren't answered. You could hear the thoughts of the ANBU. The Third Hokage was dead.