Art's A Blast...And So Are You

Chapter 3

Image

The three of you had been traveling for no more than 10 minutes when you started to get bored. And I mean BORED.

"Kisame, can you put me down? I want to get my iPod."

"No."

"Please?"

"I said 'no.'"

"You're an ass."

"Fine," he says as he slides you off his shoulder.

You smile victoriously as you pull your iPod out of your bag and turn on "Magic Dance" by David Bowie from The Labyrinth.

"You remind me of the babe. What Babe? The babe with the power. What power? The power of voodoo. Who do? You do. Do what? Remind me of the babe," you sing while dancing.

'She's crazy,' Kisame thinks as he walks behind you, making sure you don't escape.

You heard him but didn't say anything, switching the song to "What's Up, People?" by Maximum the Hormone. You take out one earphone and ask how muck longer until you get to the Akatsuki base.

"I can't tell you. You mustn't know where we're headed. Soon we we're gonna have to blindfold you," Itachi replies.

"Fucking hell." You stick the earphone back in your ear.

Some time later, Itachi stops. You weren't paying attention and run into him.

"What the fuck?"

"Kisamke, put the blindfold on her."

"Damn it, can I still listen to my music?"

"Yes."

"One of you will have to either lead me or carry me. With my luck I'll trip or something." You feel a cold arm wrap around you and instantly know it's Kisame. 'Shit, why did it have to be him? If he drops me, I'm gonna kill him.'

You had fallen asleep, and before you knew it, you were being dropped on the ground.

"Kisame, what was that for," you ask, trying not to yawn and failing miserably.

"We're here. I'm gonna take off your blindfold as soon as we get inside."

You stand up, feeling yourself being pulled the opposite direction that you were facing. After a few dozen steps, Kisame finally lets you see where you are. It's dark at the moment, but it doesn't take long for your eyes to adjust.

"Before we show you around, we have to take you to see the leader and make sure he'll even want you," Itachi says, looking at you.

You say nothing but look away, still hating him. The two S-ranked criminals lead you down a hall to a large door. Itachi knocks and a tall man with red hair and piercings opens the door.

"Do you have the nine-tailed fox?"

"No, Leader-sama, but we have someone we feel may be of some use to us." He moves to reveal you.

"Bring her in. I want to interview her first."

"Yes, sir."

You follow the men into what you assume is the leader's office. Behind his desk is a door that you think may be his room. The leader takes a seat and you stand before him, nervous and afraid you'll have an anxiety attack.

"First off, what is your name?"

"Okubyoo, sir."

"What about last name?"

"Well, I disowned my family and no longer use my original last name. I was adopted by the Inuzukas, so I use theirs."

"Ok, what village are you from?"

"I'm originally from Suna, but I moved to Konoha when I was eight."

"What about fighting style?"

"ninjutsu and taijutsu. I also have a special ability that comes in handy."

"What would that be?"

You look at him. 'I have telepathic abilities. I can communicate using thoughts and predict opponents movements.'

"I see. Welcome to the Akatsuki. I am Pein, but call me leader unless I say otherwise. We will take you to meet everyone else."

You follow Pein out the door and down the hall further to the living room. There are several men and one woman in there.

"Listen up. This is Okubyoo. She is our newest member. I hope you will make her feel welcome."

Immediately, everyone lines up to introduce themselves. Three of them seemed reluctant to come up to you. One was a bit preoccupied with something, the next just gave you the death stare, and the third looked like he was fighting with himself.

"Well, it's nice to meet you all," you say quietly. You hated meeting new people. There was a reason you were named Okubyoo.

"Okubyoo, so your name means shy, un," said the blond guy named Deidara.

You blushed. You thought he was really cute. "Hai. I was very timid when I was little so my parents thought it would be a good fit."

A tall man with an orange mask came up to you. "Tobi is a good boy!"

"Um, ok." This guy was hyper as hell. He hugged you and ran off.

"He does that all the time, un."

You two had been talking for a bit when Pein came over. "Deidara, since you seem to be hitting it off with Okubyoo, show her to her room."

Deidara nodded, blushing, and slowly took your hand.