Art's A Blast...And So Are You

Chapter 8

Image

You had peacefully fallen asleep in Deidara's arms when you heard yelling in your mind. It sounded like Kiba. He was looking for you but you couldn't tell where he was.

You started crying, waking up Deidara. "Oku-chan, are you ok, un?"

You looked at him, your eyes turning red from the tears. You closed your eyes and turned away, sniffling. He reached up, cupping your cheeks gently, returning your face. You sighed as you slowly opened you eyes. He waited patiently for your reply, taking his thumbs and wiping the tears away.

"No. Dei-Dei-kun, there is something I have to tell you about myself."

He looked at you quizzically. You nervously swallowed before continuing your confession.

"Remember when we were playing 30 minutes in heaven and I knew that our time was up?"

"Yes?"

"Well, I knew someone was going to be opening the door because I could hear their thoughts. I have telepathic abilities, which I believe is part of the reason Itachi brought me here. I know it's why Leader-sama let me join."

"Is that it,un?"

"No. I was woken up because I could hear my brother's thoughts. He's looking for me. I don't know where he is or if anyone is with him."

"I am sorry, un."

"It's not your fault. You weren't the one who kidnapped me. I miss him dearly, but if I wasn't brought here I probably would have never met you," you reply, giving Deidara a small smile.

Checking the time, you saw that it was still early, so you curled up next to Deidara and fell asleep listening to the sound of his heart beat.

For the next few weeks you constantly heard Kiba. You wanted to tell him you were ok, but you knew he wouldn't buy it. Some time later, you were woken up early suddenly feeling sick. You went to Kakuzu to see if he knew what was wrong.

"Um, Okubyoo, have you and Deidara been having sex?"

"Why?"

"You're pregnant."

You stared at him in shock. "What? You're kidding me."

"No I'm serious."

"Great. Now what am I gonna do?"

"You need to tell him, along with Pein."

"How?"

"I don't know, but you can do it. Your a strong girl." He smiled and hugged you before softly pushing you towards the door.

You weren't surprised at how nice Kakuzu was being. Somehow the two of you became good friends after you arrived. "Ok, thanks Kakuzu." You left his room and run into Pein. "Oh, hi Leader-sama."

"Okubyoo, is everything ok?"

"Well, um, I wasn't feeling very well this morning. So I had Kakuzu check to see what was wrong."

"And?"

You tried to keep eye contact with him as you quickly came up with an answer. "It's nothing. Just an upset stomach. I'll be fine, honest."

"Hm, well, as long as everything is fine. You should rest up. We don't want you to miss a mission due to an illness."

"Yes, sir."

You didn't know what to do. You always thought that raising a family would interfere with being a ninja. You also had no idea how you could possibly have a child living with criminals. You returned to your room, entered the small closet, and sat there in the dark.

A few hours past before anyone even thought to check up on you. There was a loud knock on the door. Unwilling to get up, you sat in silence as the visitor opened the door.

'Great. Better disappear before they find me,' you thought.

In a matter of seconds you were gone in a small puff of smoke. You looked at your surroundings. You were next to a small waterfall not far from the hideout. You sat in a cave beneath the water. You thought about Deidara and how to tell him. You then get an idea and grabbed your sketch book. A few hours later, you finish the drawing and enjoyed the peacefulness of the water. As dinner time drew nearer, you headed for the kitchen to get something to eat.

As you're making food for you and your unborn baby, you feel arms around your waist.

"Hey."

"Hi, Dei."

"Is everything ok? I was looking for you all day, un."

"I don't know. It depends on how you react to the present I made for you."

He smiled against your neck. You turned around, kissed him, and lead him to the bedroom. You have him enter first and on the bed is a drawing of you with a pregnant woman's stomach. He stares at it and you turn away, tears silently rolling down your cheek.

'So I'm gonna be a father?'

'Yes,' you say in his head.

You feel his arms around you again. 'That's great, un.'

You smile, turn around so you're facing him, and kiss him deeply.