My Way Home Is Through You

Chapter 14.

Chapter 14. – Danny’s Pov
Three days later

“Doug! I’m going to the store!” I shouted up the stairs, smiling as I heard the sound of Dougie running to his door. “Is there anything you want?”

“Uh, no I’m fine. You don’t need to shop for me.” He shouted back, before I could see him running down the stairs and into my arms, placing a soft kiss on my lips before he pulled away and smiled wide at me. “But I would like to go with you.”

“You don’t have to.” I said softly, kissing him while wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him down from the stairs and over to the door. “But if you want… Take your shoes and jacket on. I think it’s cold outside, so a jacket is necessary.”

Giggling, he did as I said, wrapping his arms around me as he was done.

“We can cuddle when we come home.” I laughed, opening the door to step out in the cold, but Dougie remained in the house. I turned around to see him staring out in nothing, the smile that was plastered on his lips was gone, just like the life in his eyes.

“Dougs?” I asked, cocking my head to the side as I went up to him and took my hand in his, squeezing it gently. “Are you okay?”

It was weird how he was with me, huh? I didn’t know why he suddenly wanted to be close to me, kiss me, cuddle and generally be with me. But a think I know, is that I loved it. I loved being close to him and I loved every single kiss that he planted on my lips. I enjoyed every second being with him. And I know that it made Mikey utterly angry and jealous, by the fact that Dougie rather was with me than him. I could see the anger shining in Mikey’s eyes as he was near me and Dougie. He hated it.

“I’m…I’m fine…” Dougie muttered after being brought back to reality, holding onto my hand tightly as he also stepped out from the house, using his key to lock the door before turning around to me, smiling slightly as we started to walk.

“What did you think about earlier?” I asked after a short while, squeezing his hand gently.

“I just… Oh… Nothing…” he mumbled, his gaze stuck on the ground. It worried me slightly. And I wanted to know what it was. But it would probably be better if I didn’t ask him again. When I finally had Dougie, I wouldn’t do anything that would make me lose him. Nothing.

As we came closer to the shop, I had this feeling that someone was stalking us. But every time I turned around no one was there. Yet I had this weird feeling.

“Dan, what’s wrong?” Dougie asked nervously as I for the thousand time turned around, screwing my face up as I still couldn’t see anyone.

“Nothing, baby…” I muttered, sighing as I continued to walk. Dougie moved closer to me, placing an arm around my waist and his head against me, as I wrapped an arm around him, holding him tightly so that no one could do anything. Because I knew someone was there. I knew someone was stalking us. And it was only hard to see the person. Maybe that person knew I saw him/her?
Seeing the shop just a bit away, I walk faster, sighing in relief as we enter it. For a long while I walk around in there with Dougie, not wanting to go out too early – in hope that the stalker was gone, thinking that we were gone.

“Danny? Can we go soon? We already have the stuff. Why are we walking around in here?” Dougie asked, a look of boredom covering his face as he sighed over and over again, trying to force me to go and pay for the things.

“Not yet… I don’t have… Err… the… I don’t have the milk! That’s right!” I tried, starting to pull Dougie towards where the milk were.

“You have the milk!” Dougie shouted out of annoyance, forcing me to go and pay for the stuff. I scrunched my face up in worry as Dougie had packed the things in a bag, walking towards the entrance. “Come on, Dan!” he shouted, reaching his hand out to me. Taking a deep breath, I took Dougie’s hand in mine, entwining our fingers as we step out in the cold weather, starting to walk home.

All the time I looked around, trying to spot the stalker. But it wasn’t until we came closer to our house that I could spot him. His eyes were stuck on us and he had a camera in his hands, taking pictures of us constantly. But it wasn’t some paparazzi. I could see it on him and his smirking face, how he raised his eyebrow at me, apparently he noticed that I’d seen him.
I didn’t get too scared and panicking until he started walking towards us. And that was when Dougie also noticed him.

“D-Danny!” he stuttered, nearly shrieking as he pulled hysterically in my hand, wanting to run the fastest he could away from there. But I was rooted on the spot, not able to move anymore. “Danny come on!”

As I turned my head around I was facing Dougie’s pained, panicked, scared face as he desperately tried to make me run away together with him as the stalker came closer and closer, making my thoughts all tangle together, trying to make myself move. And in the end I ran. I ran the fastest I could together with Dougie. Our fingers still entwined, before I stumbled, falling with a thump onto the ground.

“Dougie, keep running!” I shouted, watching Dougie shake his head as he started to go towards me, but with a lot of effort making himself turn around as I waved for him to keep going, while trying to get up. And eventually I did, starting to run even if my foot didn’t want to. Turning around, I couldn’t see the stalker anymore, which made me feel free to slow down a bit, continuing to limp my way home, sighing in relief as I saw our house.

Groaning, I opened the door, sighing as I shut it and rested my back against the door, closing my eyes before the thought it me.
Dougie.
What if he wasn’t okay? What if something happened? What if the stalker stopped chasing me to take Dougie instead? He did disappear after chasing me a little. He could’ve started to run after Dougie again? Because Dougie didn’t run the way home I did. He switched way just a few metres away from where I fell.
But my desperate thoughts of him being okay were soon answered as I could feel a pair of arms around my neck, and hear the small sobs of a scared person.
He was okay.
I wrapped my arms around him, starting to make soothing noises while walking with him into the living room, sitting down in the sofa together with him.

“It was him…” Dougie whispered quietly. He didn’t have to say anything more, I knew what he meant.

<3

Comments makes my world spin. xD *puppy eyes*