My Way Home Is Through You

Chapter 17.

Chapter 17. – Danny’s Pov
“Dan, you take Dougie and I’ll take care of Mikey. Just go. Save Dougs.” Harry whispered as I stood up on the floor with a groan leaving my split lips.

Without hesitating I sprinted towards Dougie who was getting blue, choking more and more as he struggled hysterically. Desperately I tried to get him down while I could hear the evil laughs coming from Mikey who was fighting with Harry, pain filled groans leaving Harry’s lips before I could hear the safety device from a gun. And in that exact second I managed to get Dougie down, catching him as he fell towards the floor.

“If anyone of you moves, I will blow your heads off. You all understand?” Mikey growled angrily as he pointed the gun firstly on Harry who laid on the floor, then over at me and the panting Dougie in my arms, as he tried to catch his breath. I felt so guilty in a way, as I held my arms around his shaking body while his chest heaved hysterically.

“Now why would you do that?” I asked, showing the annoyance and anger in my voice as I spoke. Yet, I was also scared. But I fought so hard to show it, not wanting Mikey to know just how scared I was. He didn’t have to know it. “You wouldn’t do that. I know it.”

“Now wouldn’t I?” Mikey laughed as he reached down and pulled Dougie violently away from me. “You want to see if I dare?” he pointed the gun at Dougie’s head, and I could see that it was so close to his head, that it couldn’t get any closer. “I don’t think it’s so good if you say such things as that, Jones. I dare. I can blow his head off any, lovely second. And I will enjoy it. I swear. It’s the truth.”

“Mikey, just please don’t do it. He hasn’t done you anything. He loved you. He doesn’t deserve all this that’s going on right now. Leave him alone. Please.” I whimpered as I watched Dougie’s pleading eyes, not able to tare my eyes away from them. You could clearly see how utterly scared he was, he didn’t want to die. And just the sight of it all tore my head apart, broke my heart. It hurt to see him standing there in Mikey’s arms, a gun pointed to his head, ready to fire any second at all.

“Danny, the police is-,” Tom shouted as he arrived to the room, stopping abruptly to gasp as he saw Dougie. “What is…”

“So you decided to also join, Fletcher?” Mikey said, smirking even more as he looked at Tom, then at me and Harry. “Are you moving, Haz?” Mikey cocked his head to the side, while I turned my head around to see Harry’s wide eyes stuck on Mikey.

“I…I… I just found the way I was sitting on, a little uncomfortable…” Harry muttered, fear in his voice as Mikey turned the gun around so it was pointing on Harry instead.

“I have to shoot you.” Mikey smiled, pushing more and more on the trigger before it went off. A long, loud scream left Harry’s lips as a bullet pierced his leg, making him fall backwards, his hands grabbing his leg as he whimpered and sobbed loudly in pain. The tears fell fast down his cheeks, and with a lot of effort I managed to tare my eyes away from his pain filled face, to see the crimson red blood pouring out of his legs, soaking Dougie’s floor. “Oh, now you all wonder why I didn’t shoot him in the chest or head… I just want to watch him slowly die. It’s a lot more fun, you know.” Mikey laughed again, before he brought the gun up to Dougie’s head instead. “Now you all know that I’m serious when I say that I will shoot you. Tom, sit down on the floor if you don’t want to stand there in the door forever. It can’t be that fun. And besides, you’ll have a lot harder to move when you sit down on the floor that gives me a bigger chance to try and shoot you. Maybe in your chest. It’s more fun to see Harry die slowly, than you.”

Slowly Tom walked over and sat down next to Harry, tears leaking from his eyes slowly as he watched Harry’s now sobbing form on the floor, squirming around slowly on the blood soaked floor. You could really see how he was in pain.

“Move.” Mikey growled as he pushed Dougie forward, walking over to the window as we could hear the sound of a few police cars arriving. “More fun.” Mikey laughed, frowning before he turned around to watch me again. Before I knew it this weird pain seared through my upper body, mostly my arm, and I fell to the side, on the floor. With lots of power I brought my gaze to rest on my arm, seeing the blood flow down it. That’s when I realised that Mikey shot me. And by then, screams left my lips, mixing with the sound of Mikey’s un-caring and evil laughs.

<3