I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

This Is What A Band Is All About

Gerard's P.O.V

We were all pumped up, it was our final show for The Black Parade. I know we'll miss it, but I wanted to go back to my home town and have a nice relaxing vacation.

The six of us; Bob, Ray, Frank, Mikey, myself and our painist, were jogging up to the rest of our crew. We all jogging in a circle, clapping eachothers hands.

I regained my breath and layed myself on the hospital bed. I was wheeled out to the stage, covering myself with the blanket.

Once out in the open stage, the song 'The End' began to echo.

Just on que, I ripped the blanket off and began to sing the words. They flowed from my mouth freely, welcomed by the ears of our fans.

The song finished, and so did a few others. When I thought it was time, I spoke to the audience.

"Hello New Mexico!" I shouted as 'This Is How I Disappear' rumbled, the sound shaking our feet.

A roar of screaming waved back. I was so fucking happy at this moment.

We played a few songs, whilst I jumped around the amazing stage. My adreniline was past the roof, it was so far past what it usually is when I'm on stage.

Over a year on tour, and you wouldn't have thought my energy would be this high?

I held the microphone out to the audience, letting them finished off the line "I don't love you, like I loved you yesterday!"

Just to hear so many people know the words to my song, made so many memories flood back. I remebered past expierences of the shows we played. I remembered the fans that followed us through our gigs. But the one that stands out, is when our first ever gig made us who we are.

We are the line between love and hate. We are marmite... Yes, marmite.

Another few songs had passed, and we were totally out of breath, we had a break.

The lights dimmed and I was finally allowed to take a sip of water. Actually, making that nearly a whole bottle.

Mikey practically inhaled his drink, while the others savoured the ice cold flavourless liquid.

I Felt bad for Bob, he had to endure all that time on the fucking drum set, he must have been so dizzy from he noise.

When we entered the stage once more, evey-one clapped and cheered. The welcoming was explosive.

Our end song began; 'Cancer'. It was a beautiful song, I loved it.

The lights shot off, only one bright beam pierced my gaze. The light shone directly on me, my eyes squinted, but I tried to get used to it.

I smiled genuinly, happy with everything. Happy with my friends, family, fans... But most of all, the unbreakable love that me and Frank share.

"This is it," I thought to myself, "This is what a band is all about."
♠ ♠ ♠
It may not have been much, but I personally love it.

You are all amazing, this story was an amazing adventure, hopefully for you guys too.