Memories

Chapter 8

Never in my life had I shed a tear, but I think that all caught up with me.
It’s not like I didn’t have anything to cry for. Myself, Nate, both of out lives, my neck, his heart. The list just goes on.

The next morning Nate started coming to, but seemed feverish, his words slurred. I wasn’t sure what to do with the arrow now. If I took it out, infection might set in or he would bleed. If I left it in, infection could still set in or he could get injured further as he tossed and turned in his now feverish sleep.

Then I had an idea.

There is a fruit that grows by water that is you break to open and let its juices get to a wound, it keeps infection from setting in. It’s extremely painful, feeling like salt in a big open cut, but its better than infection.

As far as the bleeding that would happen when I take the arrow out, I would judge by the situation. Whatever happens.

I set my hand on the arrow, grabbing toward the end of the shaft, by the blade.

“This will hurt you more than it hurts me, but it will hurt me too,” I whispered in his ear.

I held my breath and pulled. Hard. I could feel the resistance, the arrow not wanting to came free.

But it did. As soon as the arrow came out, I broke open the fruit I had collected earlier and squeezed it. And I hoped that would be enough.

You know how I didn’t have much of a plan for the blood? Well, I needed one. Blood instantly pooled around him. The first thing I thought of was to rip off a piece of my shirt and wrap it around him, tie it like a bandage.

It didn’t really worked, but after a few minutes the bleeding stopped on its own. I spent the time I had by myself to think. To think about things like how I didn’t really know anything about Nate aside from his name and that he was a prisoner at my…. Area in which I lived.

That made me begin to doubt myself, my caution. To just trust someone like that, that was stupid.

I guess I’d have to find out more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know it sucks.