Status: Active! Two more chapters left...

Elena.

A True Monster is Beautiful-15

I looked at him strangely but didn't say a word. As Kadin crouched down, he pulled on one of the few the plain, white flowers that managed to grow through the pebbles. I was feeling very uneasy, because from the looks of the sky, they had very little time to get to the airport before they faced the sunlight. I didn't know specifically what would happen if they did, and I really didn't want to know at this moment either. The flower had torn off, and this made Kadin curse under his breath as he through it aside angrily.

He pulled at a flower a few steps away from the first one a lot quicker. He was losing his patience, and I couldn't blame him. As silly as this could've seemed to everyone else, I knew this somehow had a very important purpose. This time, the flower barely even budged under his grip. He gave it another tug as if to reassure himself. It was practically glued to the ground.

"You forgot your things," he said, finally looking up to me, "go get them while I open this door up." He looked back down to the ground without another word.

I wanted to stay, but I didn't want them to waste any time, andI would use this opportunity to ask Ryan something too. I didn't say anything since I knew Kadin wasn't listen or watching me, so I just ran back to the car which wasn't that far away.

Ryan was already holding my small backpack by one of his fingers as he held it out the window. I took it from him and glanced back at Kadin.

"It's for security, He would have opened it for us if He knew we were coming. He won't mind, I doubt He's even here." I looked back into his green eyes.

"Come back soon, please." I pleaded. He nodded and gave me a small smile, which faded when he looked back to where I had come from. I followed his glance to see Kadin was done, for he had started standing up again and motioned me to come. I felt Ryan's hand give my arm an encouraging push, so I ran leaving a small trail of dust behind me.

The flower that had been glued to the ground was actually the handle to the door Kadin had now opened. All he had been doing when I was back at the car was removed enough weight (like pebbles) from the edges of the door so it could open without getting stuck. This was like a cellar, big enough for at least two people to walk down the wooden steps at a time. I could easily see in the dark, and my sight only allowed my to see what seemed the never-ending set of stairs going down into the only lit place,a room-hallway maybe.
I heard footsteps, even though I knew they weren't my own. I looked from the deep hole to Kadin, who was now halfway towards the car.

"Bye." He said looking over his shoulder and getting into the drivers seat. I waved once and with the screech of tires and in a second, they were gone.

"Make it on time...please..." I whispered to myself looking worriedly at the sky. It was no longer gray, but it was about to pinken at any second.

I bit my lip as I looked down at the steps that lead to an unknown place. I swung the backpack strap over my shoulder as I started to progress down reluctantly. Since there were no artificial lights, it was useful right now to be...what I was. But even with those abilities it wouldn't help my balance. The wooden steps were very slippery, so as a substitute for handles, I placed one hand on either side of the stone walls I walked down noiselessly.

With each step I took down, I felt my mind urging my to go three steps back up. The lit place was closer, and when I was on the last couple steps, I realized it was a hallway that led to a metal double door. 'You can go back,' I thought to myself, 'it isn't too late.' But it was, and I honestly knew it when I stepped onto the hallways' antique carpet.

I started to panic, so I tried to convince myself to stay. 'I was probably safer with these strangers than back with the people I knew.' I thought as I took a couple steps towards the door. 'I'm better down here then I will be up there.' A few more steps, and I was at the door.
My knuckle hit the cold and smooth door twice at the most before someone was already answering the door. It opened with a somewhat loud creak, revealing a woman.
She didn't say a word, but motioned me inside with a small timid smile.

"Hello..." I said walking in and turning around to face her. She was in her late thirties or early forties, with her short black hair with hints of gray loosely curled. I knew she was human. Not because of her lightly berry colored lips and cheeks, but she smelled like one. It wasn't an unpleasant smell or good either...and I don't know how to explain how I knew this, but I simply did.

"Hello," she replied with a genuine open-toothed smile now. I looked away from her now to look at the house. It was enormous...this was a mansion. I heard her close the door and came to stand by me.

"Let me take that." She said pointing to my backpack. I shook my head and told her it was okay. She insisted so I gave it to her and thank her. She was very nice.

I looked up to take a better look at the mansion. It had dark colored red, yellow, copper, and earth tones to it.

"This reminds me of a place that should be in Spain." I said a with a little more confidence.

"Ah...thank you, I wanted it to look that way, because I miss my beloved Spain." She replied, beaming at my compliment after setting my backpack aside. So that's were that small hint of an accent came from.

"Oh...thank you for letting me stay here." She shook her head and motioned for me to walk with her to the kitchen.

It seemed like we were the only ones in this house, for everything was dead quiet.

"I don't own this house. Leverett, the owner, wanted me to decorate it." So that was his name...how hard was that for Ryan and Kadin to say?

The woman wasn't that pretty, but by the way she spoke, moved, talked, and dressed, I wouldn't have known that she was an employee since she was so distinguished.

"You must be hungry. I could cook you something," the woman began, "but I know that won't help. The Sir went for something that can help your hunger." She said carefully, choosing her words as best as she could. I looked away from her nervously, knowing that she knew what I was. I felt...assamed.

I felt her hand on my shoulder. I had to look up to her when she spoke because she was almost a head taller than me, and she was wearing flat shoes.

"You didn't chose this. It chose you, Be who you are, not what you're expected to be, alright?" she said smiling. I couldn't help but smile back.

"You can call me Molly." I tried to convince her to tell me what her last name was so I could call her by it, but she wouldn't tell me. I nodded finally and was about to introduce myself but Molly said she already knew who I was.

"...Leverett was called by one of your friends to ask him if you could stay here, so as he left he let me know you were coming," she replied. "...and another thing you should know before he gets back is that you should not call him by his first name. You aren't supposed to know it and I'm sorry that I put you in this predicament by having told you," she told me then what his last name was, which I found very strange and unique. After a few times I was able to pronounce it properly. "I don't think you'll have to know his last name, so just call him Sir," Molly concluded.

I was going to ask her if I could help her cook as I watched her take out pots and pans, but I wasn't able to. She slowly stopped what she was doing and closed her eyes for a few seconds. She opened them again, smiled and looked at me.

"You should get your things from the closet and go the the last room on the right, upstairs, until I come get you. Go shower and change into some clothes I left on your bed." I nodded and started heading upstairs. My concern for her strange behavior must have shown on my face, because in a more cheerful voice, she added; "Since they're mine, they might be a little big on you, but I can fix them for you. Don't open your door, with us being underground, the ventilation is hardly decent, we don't want your room smelling like food do we?" She said with a small chuckle. I thanked her and went up to my room. Just as my door closed, I thought I heard the metal entrance door open.