Status: Active! Two more chapters left...

Elena.

Black Blood-16

I deliberated on whether or not to open the door to see who it was. Molly had told me not to, but how could she see me from up here? I heard the entrance door close now. I tossed my backpack to the bed. What if it was Leverett, back with the blood? I just wanted to have one look at him, just once quick look, then I'd close the door...

I opened the thick oak door of my room again to see if it was Leverett that had come into the house. I wouldn't know what he would look like, but we three seemed to be the only ones in this monstrous house in the first place. I took a few steps out into the hallway to look downstairs.

I saw Molly, following close behind a man. He was in profile because they were walking straight to his study, on the opposite side of the entrance he had come from. From what I could see, he had light brown hair framing his slightly pale face with high cheekbones. He looked lost in thought, and looked a little surprised when he reached his door. He opened it and stepped in, so he was no longer in my view. Molly murmured something into his study so fast I couldn't catch it.

"No," Replied the man irritably, "But thank you," he added as I saw his arm come into view again, placing his hand on Molly's shoulder. She nodded once and walked away as the door to Leverett's study closed shut.

I was terribly hungry, I had to admit that much. I waited for Molly to leave to another part of the house so I could go to the kitchen. I wanted to avoid her because I just wanted time alone, which was something I hadn't had in a while.

The stairs where on the opposite hall outside my room, with tons of stairs to go down to the kitchen. It would be too much time to waste, so I decided to jump off the one-story banister. I landed was a soft 'thud' in the massive living room, running into the kitchen.

It had been Leverett that I'd seen, because he was the one that had brought the blood that was now in the fridge. I took two glasses and held them in one hand as I sprinted back to my landing spot, and used my free hand to help push myself a little harder back up to my room. I barely made it over this time, stumbling to get in the room having lost my balance in the landing, with the sealed plastic bottles of blood.

After I drinken both bottles quite eagerly, I wiped my lips with one of my fingers and licked the excess.

Leverett and Molly must've been the only people to be in this place, and they didn't seem menacing at all. Then something struck me like a hard blow to the chest; Why was Ryan sorry for leaving me here then?

Because of what I was...I realized that I must have some sort of abilty to hear thoughts. I knew it sounded crazy, but everything else that has happened to me was far from believable but of course, still true and very real...

I couldn't explain how I could have heard Ryan, besides of that reason. It sounded strange and stupid but I was now sure that I could...I could listen to what people were thinking. I just needed to figure out what triggered it.