Status: Active! Two more chapters left...

Elena.

Hate Me-28

There was a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." Leverett said, keeping his curious and blissful eyes on mine.

"I'm sorry to interupt, but you have a phone call." Molly said rather sternly, folding her hands on her lap and standing in the doorway.

Giving my hands a light squeeze, he reluctantly left his study leaving Molly and I alone. Walking over to one of the dusty bookshelves, i turned my back to Molly as I tried to fight back the tears. How could I possibly go through with something like this? Choosing between a friend and someone I was in love with shouldn't be choices for anyone to have to make. I had to figure out a way to get out of this.

But there isn't a way out of this, there really isn't.

"You shouldn't be embarrassed honey, I'm very happy for the both of you," Molly gushed, walking towards me, "I haven't seen him this happy for a very long time..."

Clearing my throat and making sure my eyes were dry, I turned to her with a smile.

"Molly, how long have you known Leverett for?"

"Ah," she sighed, glancing outside the study before sitting in the chair Leverett had previously occupied, motioning me to sit across from her, "ever since I was a little girl. My parents had passed away, i had no one else. He found me on the street about to die in the cold, and he took me in. I was only supposed to stay there for a while but I- and I would like to think he- found it fit for me to stay. He watched me grow up, but I always seemed to be the one taking care of him."

As she said this, a small smirk crept across her lips as she looked off into space and with a nostalgic sigh, she stood up, and we left the study. She returned to her room after Leverett had gotten off the phone.

After Molly left the room, Leverett eagerly turned to me, his eyes shining in a way I'd never seen before, but instantly grew to love. He gently pressed his lips onto mine once more, and that same, electric shock that seemed to radiate from him flowed through me. His kisses deepened, and i responded with the same enthusiasm. The way our lips and our bodies were beginning to connect seemed so familar to both of us, so right.

i hadn't realized this, but he had lifted me off the ground and we were making our way upstairs. My arms were wrapped around his neck and he had began to kiss my neck lustfully. He abruptly stopped as he stood outside my room. Without a word, he looked at me in a way I knew he was politely asking if I wanted to go to my room and this is as far as we would go...or if...

With a look into my gray eyes, he got his answer.

With a smile, he carried me across the hall, to his room.