Status: Active! Two more chapters left...

Elena.

I Only Get Chills When I'm With You-32

“No…No. No. No!” I cried. Trying to back away from Ryan’s arms. His smile faded, which now changed to a look a concern and sadness.

“I’ll explain everything, I promise. I- I had a good reason,” He pleadingly said. I shook my head in disbelief as I felt the tears come back. Before they would, I tore my eyes off of his to look at Molly and Mrs. Goodman, watching us as if we were specimens under a microscope.

“Ryan, you’ve gotten us to Leverett and now you have her. Now I’m off to get Shadow.” Mrs. Goodman stated as if she was informing us on the weather.

I flew at her, arms outstretched, my hands encircling around her neck. I heard a slight popping noise. I felt two hands grab at my hips as I was yanked off of her. I slapped her across the face before I had been taken to far back by Ryan. I couldn’t overpower him, but I wouldn’t stay still. Mrs. Goodman recovered, and proceeded to advance at me with her hand raised. Before I could feel Ryan let go of my arms he was already in front of me in a protective stance.

“I’ve kept my end of the bargain, now keep yours.” He growled, taking a step forward.

Mrs. Goodman glared at me before turning around to leave. She took a step out the door, where I saw Shadow at the doorway, waiting for instruction. She turned to look at Molly before leaving and grinned.

“Her first. She’s no use to us anymore.”

Molly stood in horror and disbelief and Shadow entered the room and took hold of her neck in an instant, flinging her across the room as if she were a doll. I looked away in disgust. I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jump. I heard the door close and the room then stood still into a eerie silence, the hand still resting on my shoulder. For an instant my mind flashed back to the times I’d spent here with Leverett. Now the room was filled with the stench of blood with books out of shelves and the furniture turned over from Shadow’s kill.

“…I want to explain...”

“Then do so, now.”

“It’s difficult to-know where to begin but- I faked my death for US. I did this for US. Leverett- he- he’s not right for you. You’d never be safe with him. He’s the most powerful and the purest Vampire there is left, and-“

“It’s a chance I was willing to take.” I replied coldly, shaking his hand off me.

“I don’t want you to get killed. I- I love you. Don’t any of the days we spent together mean anything to you?”

“They DID but that wasn’t love. Do you want me to be miserable for the rest of my life? I love Leverett, and you took him from me. I can’t live without him. You might has well have let Mrs. Goodman kill me just now because now I’ll have to do it myself!”

“…Don’t…don’t say that.” He choked, lightly grabbing my arm to spin me around.

I didn’t shake him off this time. I felt so much hatred towards him I couldn’t even look him in the eyes. I looked away, but I then felt what I was sure I teardrop fall onto my hand.

“…So by faking your death, you did so in the hopes of having me gain hatred towards Leverett, so I could then kill him so he was no longer in your way, didn’t you?”

We then heard glass breaking then, and I knew what that probably meant.

“LEVERETT! NO! PLEASE!” I screamed, collapsing to the ground. I began to cry uncontrollably, wrapping my arms around myself as I kneeled on the ground and the tears poured down to my lap.

Ryan’s arms enveloped me, I was too weak and at this point didn’t care to shake him off. He whispered ‘I’m sorry’s’ so many times that the muffled words became distant whispers in my ear.

I don’t know how much time passed, but then I suddenly heard the door to the study open. I glanced up from the floor and I saw a pair of feet appear. They were a man’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise! I updated...again!

please comment, one little comment always makes my day!

It's almost over, and let me just say, it's going to end with a BANG! *hint* *hint*