Status: Active! Two more chapters left...

Elena.

Acid Rain-07

I didn't keep track of the time, but it started to rain after dark clouds began to cast over the now dark sky. First it started drizzling, then it started to pour. Few rays of sun still escaped between the clouds, but everything still looked gray with that little sun. I shivered because all I was wearing was a white, short sleeved tee shirt and jeans. I was getting soaked, but I couldn't of cared less, I couldn't feel anything. I started staring at my feet while I swung my legs back and forth. I did this to bottle up all of the thoughts and emotions I had inside me at that moment, I needed to keep them away for just a bit longer. If I hadn't, all those feelings would have drowned me like the rain that fell down from the sky. I could hear the thick drops of rain as they hit the metal benches and fell onto the pavement below. I was almost in a peaceful state of mind. Almost. I finally looked up from my kicking legs but stopped.

I felt as if someone was watching me. Sure enough, the flap of the green plastic had been open this whole time, revealing Jerry, soaked, looking at me...emotionless. I ran out of the arena by finding another flap to slip through. I went to the only other safe place I knew, and to my amazement, the shed's door was unlocked. As I went inside, I locked the door behind me. The shed was separated into two rooms that had a missing door separating the two. From what I remember, the shed was almost empty, but I almost tripped on some of the rusty tools and metal objects when I'd started backing away from the door. With my back still turned, I kicked what I thought was another tool but instead I'd hit something-someone.

I gulped and slowly turned around. I knew just then that I'd maken a big mistake. I'd forgotten to look for any other doors to lock. I couldn't blink, neither did he. I was so close to him I could see every single eyelash on his pale eyelids...but we just stood there, motionless.

I made what I thought would be a pointless attempt to escape as I ran for a window...all until looked back at him, confused. A small smile had crept across his lips. He walked over to me and opened the window, all the while I slowly backed away. I backed away until I felt my back hit a wall. I couldn't move then, all I could do was wait and stare at Jerry, dumbfounded. His smile was gone when he reached out and grabbed my hand, which was still wet from the rain, and pulled me towards him in a quick movement. He cupped his hands and knelt by the window without a word. I hesitantly stepped on his palms, and climbed out the window. I looked back at him, but he just stood inside the shed, looking out the window at me.

"Run," He whispered. And I did.