Stay Still

My Song

After playing Rock Band for almost five hours we decided it would be a good idea if we went to bed. Once I said goodnight to Matt, and covered Mike with a blanket since he had passed out on my floor, I followed Beau up the stairs slowly. Eric followed as well, taking my hand.

“Man, I don’t think I’ve even been this tired before in my life!” Beau exclaimed as we reached the top.

“I have been. Remember that one time…” Eric then proceeded to tell Beau about a time when Jared, Acacia, Matt, Mike, Eric and I stayed up all night playing Rock Band, seeing who could beat Mike. None of us ever did. Eric came close once, but still did not succeed.

When Eric was finally done with his story I showed Beau where his room would be. It was two doors down from mine, right across from the bathroom.

“Well, goodnight.” He whispered. He was looking at me with a weird expression on his face.

“Goodnight.” I responded and then started to turn away.

“Wait.” He reached out and grabbed my arm. Turning back to him I waited for whatever it was he wanted to say. “I just… Are you and Eric dating?”

‘Well that came out of nowhere.’ I thought to myself. Out loud I answered, “Sort of. We’re just starting to I guess. Why?”

“I was just wondering. See you in the morning.” And with that he turned and went in his room. I could tell he was hiding something and that something was making me uncomfortable. Pushing it out of my mind for the moment, I returned to my bedroom where Eric was waiting for me.

He was spread out across my bed, already in just his boxers. His eyes were closed and he appeared to be sleeping. I stood there looking at him for a few minutes. He was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. I leaned over and gently laid my lips on his forehead. As I did so, his eyes opened slowly and he smiled up at me.

“Wow.” He whispered.

“What?”

“I don’t think I’ve ever opened my eyes to something so gorgeous before.” He reached up and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me down to him. I snuggled into his chest, listening to his heart beat. He let his hand slowly drift through my hair as he hummed a song I had never heard before.

“What is that?” I whispered, before I fell asleep and forgot to ask.

“It’s a song I’m writing, for you.” He answered quietly.

Lifting my head up, I looked down at him. “You wrote me a song?” No one had ever done anything so sweet for me before.

“Of course I did.” He looked at me with so much love in his eyes I found it difficult to breathe for a minute. “The things I am feeling for you are so incredible, so strong, I had to put them into words.”

I didn’t know what to say to this. There were no words for me. So instead, I took his face in my hands and kissed him with as much passion and love as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long to update. I needed to find some motivation. Thankfully I found it. :)

Thanks for reading!!

<3 Rachel