Stay Still

Daddy's Girl

"Rachel! Wake up!" Someone said as they shook me. I tried to smack them but I missed. Opening my eyes slightly, I saw Mike standing over me. "You just tried to hit me." he accused, his hands on his hips like a girl.

"Well you were disturbing me." I said as I glared up at him.

"Sorry, your highness but your parents are almost here." He stuck his tongue out at me and walked away.

Groaning I got up to go get changed. I went up to my room and stood in front of my closet, debating. Finally I decided on a pair of jeans and my old "Cutest Member of the Band" hoodie. It was baggy on me so I figured it would hide my stomach for a little while at least. After throwing on one of my signature hats I went back downstairs. Everyone was in the living room, watching TV. How they found something they all liked was beyond me. I leaned against the wall in the doorway, observing all my friends. Alex was sitting cross legged on the floor. Acacia and Jared were cuddled up on the love seat. Matt, Eric, and Beau were on the couch, staring intently at the television. Mike and Heather were lying next to each other on the floor and Brittany was sitting in the chair with her phone, probably texting Craig. I had only been standing there for 5 minutes when there was a knock on the door. Everyone jumped up and stood there looking around like idiots. It was a pretty funny sight actually.

"I'm not answering it." I stated.

"I'll get it." Acacia said and walked past me towards the front door. Matt came over to me and put his arm around me protectively. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I listened to my mom and my sister talk.

"Oh sweetheart, you look so gorgeous. Glowing, positively glowing." Our mother gushed. "Marriage looks good on you." She added as they walked into the living room. "Oh goodness. You're all here aren't you?"

"Hey momma." I said quietly and then side stepped her when she tried to hug me. "I gotta go check something in the kitchen." I said and quickly left the room. I was so not ready for this but I had no choice. They were here and I had to tell them. I just had to figure out how.

"Hi sweetheart." I turned around quickly and saw my dad standing there. He was grinning at me and his arms were open. I ran into them, forgetting my predicament for the moment. I had always been a daddy's girl, while Acacia was closer to our mother. I had missed this man so much. His smell, his big bear hugs, his silly smile, the kind eyes that were so much like my own. I could probably have just stayed there in his arms all day.

"Are you alright baby girl?" he asked me in that quiet way of his.

I wasn't sure what to say to that so I just hugged him tighter. Soon I was going to have to disappoint him and hurt him, but for now, just for this one moment, I was still just one of his little girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the shortness of this chapter but I really like it the way it is.

Thank you so much for reading this and hopefully subscribing. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Rachel