Sequel: I Can't Do It Alone

Rise and Fall

Never Let You Go

Jocelyn kissed Sid one more time before she stepped out of his car and walked up the stairs to her apartment. She walked inside and saw Brooklyn sitting at the table going looking over a whole bunch of papers. “Hey, Brook,” Jocelyn said happily, walking back towards her bedroom.

“Wait a minute!” Brooklyn called, and Jocelyn took four steps backwards until she was back in the living room.

“What?” Jocelyn asked, trying to wipe the smile off of her face.

“Why are you so happy?” Brooklyn asked.

“Am I not allowed to be happy?” Jocelyn asked.

“Okay, I want you to tell me everything that happened tonight. And I mean everything!” Brooklyn ordered, and Jocelyn sat down across from her, telling her every detail of what had happened.

Brooklyn looked up at her when she had finished. “Oh my god,” she said slowly. “I am so happy for you!” she exclaimed. “Finally, the two of you figured out that you belong together!”

“Yeah, we belong together,” Jocelyn smiled. “Listen, I’m going to go to bed, okay?”

“Yeah, goodnight,” Brooklyn called out, happy that her sister was finally with the guy she was supposed to be with.

The following day, Max picked Brooklyn up to go out to lunch. As soon as she opened the door for him, she pulled him close to her, kissing him passionately. A few minutes later, they pulled apart, and Max looked at his girlfriend. “What’s gotten into you?” he asked. “Not that I’m complaining,” he added with a smirk.

“Jocelyn and Sid,” Brooklyn smiled.

“Wait. What?” he asked, confused.

“They’re finally back together!” she exclaimed. “So, I’m no longer mad at you,” she told him.

“Oh,” he said, and then he repeated her words in his mind. “Wait, you were mad at me?” he asked her, and Brooklyn just laughed.

“Don’t worry about it, Max. I’m not angry anymore. Everything’s worked out, and I love you,” she told him, kissing him once again.

Meanwhile, Jocelyn made her way to Sid’s apartment, deciding to surprise him for lunch. She knocked on the door, and she was surprised when she saw Tia answer the door. “Hey,” Tia said with a big smile on her face.

“Hey,” Jocelyn greeted. “I was hoping to bring Sid some lunch,” she said, holding up the bag of takeout food she had in her hand. “But, apparently I’m too late.”

“Nope,” Tia smiled, moving aside so Jocelyn could come into the apartment. She then turned around, yelling, “Sid, your girlfriend’s here!”

A few moments later, Sid came walking out from his bedroom, wearing only a pair of sweatpants. “Hey,” he smiled, kissing Jocelyn.

“I thought I’d bring you lunch,” Jocelyn told him, setting the bag of food down on the table.

“And, that’s my cue to leave,” Tia said.

“No, Tia, there’s plenty of food for you, too,” Jocelyn said told her.

“No, I’m fine,” Tia said with a smile. “I’ll let the two of you make up for lost time. But, I’ll see you tomorrow at the game, right, Jocelyn?” she asked, looking at Jocelyn.

“Yep,” she smiled. “You’ve got a ticket, right?”

“Yeah, Sid gave me one today,” she told her. “You two have fun. Well, not too much fun,” she added jokingly.

Sid rolled his eyes as Tia shut the door behind her. “So, what did you bring?” Sid asked, rummaging through the bag to see what food she had bought.

**********************************************************************************

Jocelyn and Brooklyn arrived at Melon Arena and walked to their seats, already finding Tia sitting in her seat beside theirs. “Hey,” Jocelyn smiled, sitting down in her seat.

“Hey, so how excited are you guys for tonight?” Tia asked.

“Oh my god, it’s the Flyers! Of course I’m excited. Just hopefully Max isn’t going to get into a fight or anything,” Brooklyn answered.

“What? You don’t think Max can handle himself in a fight?” Tia asked.

“Um, I love Max with all my heart, but every time I see him in a fight, I tell myself that if he doesn’t get killed I’m going to kill him!” she told Tia. “Seriously, he gives me a heart attack every single time. I’m always scared that he’s going to get hurt.”

“And, what about you?” Tia asked, looking over at Jocelyn.

“Oh, I’m not worried about Sid,” she said with a shrug. “He doesn’t fight.”

“I was actually asking you if you were excited for the game, but it’s good to know that you’re not worried about Sid getting into a fight,” Tia said, laughing at her.

“Oh, well I’m hoping for a win, obviously,” Jocelyn said. “I’d prefer not to have to deal with a pissed off Sid after a loss.”

Tia nodded her head in agreement. “But, I don’t think it’ll be as bad now that you two are back together,” Tia said.

“Well, I don’t want to chance it either way,” Jocelyn said with a small smile.

Two and a half hours later, Jocelyn let out a sigh, upset with the outcome of the game. The Penguins had lost four against two, and she was a little nervous about how Sid was going to react. Most of all, she was worried that he was going to want to break up again and focus solely on hockey.

Fifteen minutes later, Tia and Brooklyn stood up and began to make their way to the locker room, while Jocelyn stayed planted in her seat. Brooklyn turned around and noticed that Jocelyn wasn’t behind them, and she looked back to their seats. “Jocelyn, aren’t you coming?” she asked her sister.

“Yeah,” she said, slowly standing up and making her way to Tia and Brooklyn.

“Hey, are you okay?” Tia asked, noticing that Jocelyn wasn’t asking like herself.

“Yeah, I’m just worried that Sid’s going to want to break up now,” she said truthfully.

“Jocelyn, I can promise you that he’s not going to break up with you,” Tia told her as they made their way down to the locker room. “Come on, go in,” she said, pushing her inside.

Jocelyn slowly made her way over to Sid, while Brooklyn stopped next to Max and Tia stood by Kris, watching Jocelyn and Sid. “Hey,” Jocelyn said quietly, trying to figure out what type of mood he was going to be in.

“Hey,” Sid said, not even glancing in Jocelyn’s direction. Instead, he continued to throw stuff into his bag, tossing it over his shoulder.

“Um, well, I guess I’m just going to go,” Jocelyn said quietly.

Sid suddenly whipped his head around to look at her. “What? Where are you going?” he asked her.

“I just figured that you wouldn’t want me around,” she told him.

“Of course I want you here,” Sid told her with a smile, pulling her into his arms. “Why wouldn’t I want you here? I love you.”

“I just…” she trailed off.

“What? You just what?” Sid asked, encouraging her to continue her sentence.

“I just was worried that you were going to want to break up with me and focus all of your attention on hockey,” Jocelyn admitted.

“Of course not,” Sid told her. “I love you, and I’m never letting you go again,” he said.

“Good,” Jocelyn smiled, standing on her tiptoes and kissing him, while Tia, Brooklyn, Max, and Kris looked on, all with smiles on their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is actually the last chapter!

I had so much fun writing this story, and I hope you all enjoyed it!

Thank you to all the readers/subscribers/commenters! This never would have been completed without each and every one of you! So, thank you so much!

Leave me one last comment letting me know what you thought about the ending/story in general!