Status: hiatus

Vixen

Chapter 5

“So…why didn’t you bring Tristan this time?” Christine probed.

Sometimes Karina absolutely abhorred long plane rides. Every so often you got to know the person next to you just a little too well.

“Because we just went on a ‘vacation’ and he would get suspicious if I told him we were going on another one. As far as he knows, I just went out of state for a few days to work on a case.”

Christine laughed.

“Well that isn’t a lie.”

“Exactly. I can’t lie to him. I’m just vague and he understands that.”

“Did you two have fun in Jamaica?”

Karina gave her the look.

“What? I’m just asking…”

She laughed. “You have no idea…”

When the plane finally landed they were ready to just crash, but still had about an hour’s drive. Karina picked up the luggage and Christine went to find the car. By the time K retrieved the duffel bags, Christine had a freaking Audi TT waiting out front.

“Where the hell did you get that? And what happened to not standing out?”

“Oh lighten up K. Besides, we’re white if you haven’t noticed so we’re going to stand out anyway. Might as well do it in style.”

She just rolled her eyes and tossed the bags in the back.

“Let’s get going. I’m tired.”

=====================================================================

When Karina awoke the next morning, she had the funny feeling that she wasn’t alone. Just out of paranoid habit, she swiped her hand in the air, making contact with someone’s head.

“K! What the hell?” Christine shouted from where Karina landed her on the floor.

“You should know better than to creep up on me while I’m sleeping,” she replied, shoving her face into the pillow.

“Well, get your ass up. Ivy’s contact is supposed to meet us in an hour.”

Karina groaned.

“Remind me again why I do this…”

“You started it dearie. I’m just along for the ride…and the fat paychecks.”

“Yeah…”
♠ ♠ ♠
so...short update, but thats just because my other two stories take priority over this one i guess you can say.

as usual: comment/subscribe/tell your friends!