Intergrating Demons

Dreams

When Michael woke up he was caged. Despite knowing he was caged he was not in any way upset or scared as the cage seemed, somehow, familiar, safe and even comforting; so he simply lay there watching a flock of birds circle overhead. Then he heard a creaking sound, he turned in the direction it came from and saw a shapeless giant standing beside the cage. The giant reached into the cage from above and grabbed Michael with two hands, as it lifted him and brought him closer the giant’s features came into view and it became clear the giant was female. As the giant held him close he looked up at her. Despite her pale skin and her colourless black eyes her expression was clearly one of loving joy as she looked at Michael.
She calmly held him for a few minutes until they were disturbed by loud shouts, the woman giant clearly became worried as another giant burst into the room. This second giant, also with colourless black eyes and pale skin, was male and ran into the room straight to the woman giant and Michael. The woman giant said something in a panicked tone and the male replied in a fearful one. As they spoke Michael noticed that both of them had fangs. Then he turned to Michael and looked straight into his eyes and said something to him then held a necklace in front of him with a cross on it, he reached behind Michael and put it around his neck as he said something else. Then he looked at Michael straight in the eyes and put a hand on his arm and said the first thing Michael could interpret so far; “Never let it leave your side.” After taking his hand off Michael’s arm the male giant turned toward the way he came and waited, the female giant looked at Michael, said something, and gently placed him back in his cage. Then she joined the male giant.
After half a minute or so some more giants, taller than the first two, charged into the room. These new giants, about 6 in all, beat the first two into a corner until they had them pinned. At that point another giant entered, he glided across the room with almost divine grace up to the pinned giants and held a dripping stake of wood above his head and drove it down toward the first pinned giant.

Then Michael woke up, sweating and panting he reached for the necklace around his neck and held it close for a few moments. Then he sprang of the sofa and ran to his bathroom. Gripping each side of the sink for support he looked at himself in the mirror and saw his blue eyes, his slightly tanned caucasian skin and his regular, mortal teeth. Then he reached behind his neck and looked in the mirror as he removed his necklace; His pupils grew until his eyes were entirely black, his skin lost its tan then went paler and paler until it was almost completely white and his canines grew until they extended past his lower set of teeth. He stood there, again gripping the sink in case his legs gave way, staring, marvelling, fearing the reflection before him. He thought of his dream and all the things that had happened the day before and started making connections and he was finally convinced; he was a vampire. He needed to know more, he needed answers and he knew there was only person who could give them to him; Liz.
Michael ran from the bathroom straight to his front door, he grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. Sunlight flooded into his house. Michael was almost completely blinded by it, every part of skin touched by it became flooded with pain as though he were a giant wound being soaked in lemon juice. After a few seconds of agony he closed the door and his pain died down to null in seconds. He went back to the bathroom and grabbed his necklace from the sink. Replacing the necklace around his neck he thought more about seeing Liz for answers and realized that he couldn’t see her to get answers to all his burning questions without raising the suspicions of all the members of the Elite Guard. How could he explain why he needed to see her?
Looking back in the mirror Michael was relieved to see his own blue eyes and his own, mortal teeth. His skin was still quite pale but it was returning to its original hue quite rapidly. He sighed “I’ll have to wait ‘till Wednesday to find out more.”
Going back to his sofa he turned on his radio and lay there to wait for a few hours before going out to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's looking forward to WEDNESDAY!?!?!?