Coffee Break

Heart Breaker, Rita, and Home

I sat in the coffee shop five minutes later before walking over to my cousin who was holding two cups of coffee to go. “Your such a heart breaker,” he said knowing exactly what my intentions where. I was never going to that concert and I had in fact given them the wrong phone number. You see although I’ve always had an attraction to musicians, they all are the same. Love you whilst they are here, then they go on tour and break your heart by sleeping with a random hot fan.

I laughed at my cousin’s statement before walking out of the café and across the road to the mall where my shop was situated. I walked into the shop and saw my friend Rita trying to look amused whilst helping some girls search for the perfect bra. She noticed me walk in and a smile instantly appeared on her face, most likely due to the fact I was holding a extra large latte, the perfect pick-me-up. She excused herself from the girls who seemed quite content to continue browsing and made her way over to the register and tilted her head and her smile, if possible, got bigger.

“Oh my god, you stood someone up!” she said laughing, being best friends since we were toddlers had meant we new everything about each other. Some people even suggested that we have a psychic link because we often wore the same outfit but perhaps in a different color. I took a long sip from my coffee before replying.

“Yeah, apparently there is a band playing here tonight,” I said swirling around on my chair, I noticed the girls who were browsing trying to listen into the conversation but I just ignored it.

“Oh Rose, you are so bad! Were they hot?” she continued to pry, even though she was engaged to be married, my single status amused her.

“Yeah, the red head Caleb was so dreamy, I mean he was really cute he reminded me a bit of your first boyfriend, and Kyle. Oh he has the most stunning blue eyes I had ever seen. Plus they were both tall! Ha! I love tall boys,” I said reminiscing. What was wrong with me, they should not have this effect on me. They are musicians Rose, they will only break your heart.

“Ah, but alas they are musicians and no matter how attractive they find you and you are attracted to them, nothing will develop out of this meeting of fate,” she sighed, it’s not my fault she had found the perfect man.

“Hi, just these thanks,” one of the girls browsing before said handing me over two sets of lingerie. Her smile was huge, and she was looking at me strangely, but once again I let it go. She paid the bill and then left gossiping to her friends as they entered the mall and headed towards the food court. As soon as they were out of ear shot Rita burst out laughing.

“Oh my, I think those girls where fans of the two boys you mentioned!” she said laughing.

“What? Why would you think that?”

“I just know these things Rose, trust me,” she said laughing.

The afternoon rolled by quite uneventfully, and soon me and Rita where closing up shop and getting ready to head home. I walked to my car which was parked in the Mall staff car park and took the ten minute drive home. Usually I would walk to work but for some reason today I had decided on driving. I pulled up at my small house; it was left to me in my grandmothers will. I lived with her for five years prior to that, as my mother and father where always so caught up in work to ever be at home. I unlocked the door and pushed it open to be greeted by my cat Frankie. I smiled and walked into the kitchen, feeding Frankie before pulling out the left over lasagna from the previous night. Whilst it was heating up in the oven, I walked into the living room and turned on the television and placed Bridget Jones Diary on, and preparing myself for another comfortable night at home.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its late and its brief.
the last week has been hectic for me, my grandma got diagnosed with cancer, and had surgery, my boyfriend is being a dick, plus more personal things yall prob dont want to no about...

on a happier note, anyone want to be girlfriends for Jonathan, Austin, Marc and Kent?
PM me your details
comments with your details wont be accepted unless no one PMs me :]