Breaking the Rules

Sheryl Green

I went home and had a long bath. The chewing gum was difficult to get rid of. I needed to cut part of my hair, which was an unpleasant thing to do because she cut that for me once in a while.
I held the scissors shakily and saw my black hair fall on the ground. That was hard and painful. The water was icy. I didn't care. I did not bother to switch on the water heater.
The phone kept ringing in the living room.
Who would bother to phone me? It could only be her.
I put on a black T-shirt quickly and ran to the living room.
"Hey, sis." I picked up the phone and greet her happily.
" Karina! How did you know it's me?" She was a bit shocked.
"I just knew. That's all." I said.
" Do you want to come over and have dinner?" asked Sheryl.
"If that's okay with you."
" Will said it's fine. Besides, my Tommy wants to see you." She said.
"Well, okay." I answered.
Who would want to go if her husband is there? I thought.
I looked at the photo frame on my desk. My favourite picture was inside. She was just my age at that time, about sixteen and I was just five or something.
I really did not remember much about being adopted. People say I was adopted at the age of four. Sheryl was much older than I am so she took care of me a lot when I was a kid.
She has always been on my side, never left me astray.
She was there for me when THAT happen, that terrible thing...
***************************************************************************
"Karina! " Tommy flung his arms at me as soon as he sees me.
"Hey, little guy!" I picked him up with a smile.
I felt really welcomed when I am in Sheryl's house. A simple house, light-brown wallpaper , photo frames on the wall with her wedding photos, Tommy's baby photos, her husband's, her friends and ours.
"Why don't you take a seat?" Sheryl was holding a few plates. " Dinner will be ready soon."
" Let me help you..." I said.
" Just take a seat and talk to my Tommy." She smiled. " Oh, why is my husband so late?"
I helped myself in getting a cookie from the jar. Delicious. She would be furious if she knew since it's almost dinner.
Yes, she is not just a sister to me. She is like a mom too.
I know I am wrong but she is beautiful. Her curls are perfectly lovely. Her blue-gray eyes, bright and smart. No one would see that she was already twenty-seven. She looks twenty-three or four to any one she meets.
I like her.
I know it is forbidden but I do.
I like her...
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is a bit of how Karina feels inside her heart.
Jake and/or Paul will appear in the next chapter( or so I planned).
Slow progress but I'd be really happy if you would want to read.
Thank you for reading and please comment~!