Breaking the Rules

When he sits next to me...

I have got used to sit alone during lessons. The algebra teacher was always a late-comer. I have a lot of time for thinking over my troubles.
I must be a fool to have such feeling towards my sister. What am I thinking of? Although we are not related, Sheryl never treats me as an adopted sister. She was so nice to me that nobody around me could realize that there was something lacked between us---- blood relations.
I looked at her photo (which I put in my wallet) over and over again----she is such beautiful woman. I know that my desire is bizarre. I want to see her everyday, to have the lovely meals she prepared, to have the comforting smile she gives...Yet what have I done? I left her. I simply left her, even though it was against my will.
I chose to live alone in a small, cheap apartment.
She did say I can live with her family----her husband and son but I cannot possibly bear it, having such undesirable want, I know that may one day tear the family, my only family apart.
"Hey! Earlson." Someone was calling me. "Karina Earlson!"
I was too much into my thoughts that I did not realize a boy was talking to me.
Looking down the floor to see if anything has been dropped was my first action.
“I didn't drop anything." I said.
He could not possibly be talking to me. Nope. I am no dreamer. Linda Grace and Dora have been picking on me for years. Others girls would not talk to me as they fear they would replace me as the bullies' toy.
Jake Anderson would not talk to a freak like me.
“Huh? What do you mean?" He looked at me in a weird expression.
" Umm..." Stunned, I did not know what to say.
I am not really sociable and talking to him is hard.
“Can I sit next to you?" asked Jake.
I heard Linda Grace gasped.
I looked at him blankly. Is he serious? No, no, no...Is this really Jake Anderson? The short light-brown hair and those angelic blue eyes cannot be mistaken. He really is THE Jake Anderson that girls in my class were crazy about.
“Can I?" He asked again to confirm again his question, his simple but stunning question.
“Yea, okay..." was all I could mutter.
What the hell happened to the world?
Then the teacher came in and we kept absolute silence throughout the lesson.
*********************************************************************
Jake Anderson left the seat shortly after the teacher got out of the door. I did not have the chance to ask him why he would choose to sit next to me.
Linda Grace and Dora looked discontented. I had to leave FAST or it would be no good.
“Hey, Earlson."
Too late. I got up and said, “I’m sorry but I 'm in a hurry!"
“Oh, we just wanna talk to you."
“Look, Dora, seriously,I don't have the time!"
“Won’t take you long." Smirked Linda Grace, flipping over the little notebook in hand. “Don’t you nerds need this for a living?"
I froze. I put a picture of Sheryl and me inside.
“So it is that important, huh?"
I reached out my hand, hoping to get my book back.
Linda Grace passed it to Dora, who was much taller than I am.
“Hey…” I cried.
“I’ll give you back but not now.” Linda Grace said.
“Tell us about Jake. Why would he sit next to you?”
“I-I-I don’t know.” This was an honest answer.
Wrong answer! (According to them!)
Most students left the classroom and nobody would know even if they strangle me to death. I looked around furiously. No help.
Dora slapped me. “Liar!”
“I didn’t lie.” I lowered my head. “I really dunno…”
“Tell me!” Linda yelled.
“Linda?” Someone came back to the classroom. The same blue eyes and brown hair(though really good-looking) that create my misery today!
The two horrid girls said together, “Jake! Hi!”
“What are you girls doing?” He asked casually.
“We are just…um…chatting with Karina,” said Linda Grace. “And you?”
Her fake smile was giving me creeps. She was interested in Jake but people like her simply got no chance. She was too much of a bitch! Unless Jake was a jerk, or he would not talk to her.
“Just getting my things back, left something here,” said Jake who gave me a weird little look.
Suddenly I realize that I should leave NOW. I took my things and grab the notebook from Dora.
“Hey!” Dora wanted to say something but stopped when she saw Jake looking at her. “Here you go.”
I grabbed all the things and left the place. Again, I feel distressed, confused.
I thought about what happened and still could not think of any reason why Jake Anderson would sit near me. Jake the popular guy wanted to sit next to me?
Impossible!
I was thinking deeply about that when I heard some heavy rock music.
I have heard that before. The same song. The same loud, very LOUD music. Why would there be rock music here? No one was singing but the music was already explosive.
Slowly I followed the noise (the only that could describe it) and got to the music room. I thought it was for something more classical!
The door was not totally closed. Curiosity urged me to take a peek.
And I did.
The door was pushed wide-open with a bang, yes; it hit me on my head.
I saw a tall figure and something... shiny?
Then I saw nothing…
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! I finished this chapter! Finally Jake, a male character!!!
Paul Lee Tanner would appear in the next chapter!(this time I'm sure)
Although there're a lot of poor English used, I tried my best to edit it.
Practice makes perfect. I will try to improve.
Anyway, thank you for reading!!!
Please comment~!