Status: Two shots; completed.

Coffee's for Closers

Hoping I Would Learn 'Bout Truth and Faith

The morning was a little bit dark and cloudy; Canada’s usual weather. A paddle of water from last night’s rain splashed as my sports shoe stepped on it. Yael Naïm’s New Soul was blasting through the earphones and into my ears. What a song to start the day.

I started to slow down my jog as my t-shirt was wet of my sweat and my breathing was getting uneven. I stopped for a while. My back was bent and I placed my hands on my knees. I tried to catch my breath.

My head snapped up when I heard a door being opened, and then closed. My eyes darted off to the second story of the house that I was stopping in front of, and saw a skinny pale figure went out to the terrace.

Ah, that boy. He was always out on the second story’s terrace, holding his camera and snapped pictures of the morning sky. His brown hair seemed so soft and his piercing blue eyes were so pretty when they were concentrating on the camera.

I didn’t realize I was staring at him when he saw me. I turned my head away as my cheeks flushed a shade of pink. I continued to jog back to my house.

“Staring at that boy again, Jayme?” Victoria asked as I wiped my sweat off my face with the white towel. My cheeks flushed for the second time this morning.

“Shut up, Victoria.”

“Aww, Jayme is falling in love at the first sight,” she said in a sing song voice.

“Shut up!” I screamed, throwing my towel square to her face.

“Ew!” she squealed. “A towel of Jayme’s sweat! GROSS!”

I flicked my sweaty brownish red hair as I grinned. It was always fun to gross out your sister.

“Seriously, Jayme, this is gross.” I laughed when I saw her disgusted expression. I walked over her while she tossed me back the towel. I hugged her. “AHH!” she screamed, “THAT IS SO GROSS! GET OFF!”

I laughed harder as I let go.

“Take a shower,” she said.

“You should too. You’re still in your PJ’s.”

“But I’m not sweaty.”

I rolled my eyes at her and headed upstairs to take a warm shower.

The day, as usual, was begun with my routine. This time, the boy was at his porch when I passed by. I glanced at him now and then, but he kept his eyes on me. Something tripped my foot, and I fell down with my face landed on the cold and damp sidewalk.

I stayed like that when I heard footsteps coming toward me. Someone pulled me up by holding my upper arm. I brushed my t-shirt and sweat pants clean.

“Are you okay?”

I looked up and my jaw fell to the ground as I saw his worried blue eyes looking into mine.

“I’m – I’m okay.”

“Are you sure? You bruised your elbow.” He pointed at my right elbow and I grabbed my arm to see. Ah, yes it was bruised.

“It’s okay. I can fix it at home.”

“No, let me. Wait here,” he said before disappearing into the house. A few moments later, he came back with a box of first aid in his hand. He pulled me to his porch by my wrist and sat me down to one of the stairs.

My heart raced as he took my arm and began cleaning it. I studied his face while he was cleaning my bruise. He was beautiful.

“There,” he said, closing the box. I snapped out to the reality.

“Thanks,” I said, staring at the bruise now was covered with a plaster.

“No problem,” he shot me a breath-taking smile. “I’m Alex, by the way.”

“Jayme.”

“It’s a pretty name!”

I blushed a little. “I don’t think so. I like my sister’s name better – it’s Victoria.”

“Both have pretty names.”

“Nice joke, Alex.”

He shrugged. “No problem.”

I stood up and he followed my suit.

“See you around,” I said before jogged off to my home.

“Bye!” I heard him shouting.

I smiled to myself. Alex…
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?
:)
As I told before, I don't know where this is going, so you can suggest me some ideas!
xoxo.