I Never Thought I'd Be This Way

Demolition Lovers

-------------------------Gerard’s POV------------------------

I didn’t want to believe Frank when he said my fiancé was just using me. I can’t believe he just went off on her like that! But I guess he was provoked, my fiancé had no right to say those things.

"Oh my God he's such a bitch! Can you believe he just yelled at me like that?!" My fiancé whined.

"Well you had no right to say those things to him! How could you just yell at my best friend like that?" I asked.

"He's not your best friend anymore sweetie. Why would you need him when you have me?" She asked rather obnoxiously.

"Because the world doesn't revolve around you!" I yelled at her.

"Well it should! He only said those things because he wants you! Too bad I'm the best thing to happen to you! Before me you never realized how important you are. You have always been the leader and because of me you finally started acting like it." She was sounding so conceited in her high pitched voice and kept moving closer to me as she spoke. Then it clicked.

"He was right. I have changed, for the worse. And it's all because of you! You're slowly tearing us all apart for your own benefit! I can't believe I didn't see this before, you're slowly killing everything you touch and I'm not letting you kill me or this band any longer! He was right. I never loved you." I told her and she was shocked. Her face was priceless.

"When I come back I want you out of here." I said as I walked out on her forever.

Frank was right all along. My now ex- fiancé was a conniving bitch. I can't believe she was using me like that I thought what we had was real. How could she? But now I see that we were never meant to be together, I've been in love with someone else this whole time.

------------------------THE NEXT DAY------------------------

I'm going to tell him how I feel today. Now that my ex isn't here to distract me I see everything for what it really is. Like how much he means to me. I guess I just denied it for so long because I was scared, but I'm not anymore.

I walked up to what used to be our house. Before she demanded that I should buy a house of our own. I pulled out my key and let myself in. That's why he didn’t take the key! It was his way of saying he wanted me back home with him. It's all so obvious now.

"Hello? I know you're here Frank! I saw your car in the driveway. We need to talk" I called out to him. Then I heard the door to his room slam shut.

He probably thinks I'm here to defend my ex. Wait till he hears it's exactly the opposite. I walked down the hallway to his room. Then I saw the safe sitting out in the open room.

"What is that doing open? Oh God!" I said to myself as the realization sank in.

That’s where he locked my gun. The one I bought to kill myself with! No he can't do this to me, to us! I ran down the hallway to his room as fast as I could.
I tried to open the door but it was locked. So I hit the door as hard as I could.

"Open this door now! You can't do this!" I yelled while pounding on my door with my fists.

"It's too late... Like you'd care anyway" Frank said with a surprisingly calm tone. He really thought I would want him dead.

"Let me help you! Just don't do this!" I pleaded with him. He can't do this to me! Not now that I see we were supposed to be happy together.

"Help me? HA! Gerard, you caused this!" He called out to me from behind the door. He sounded serious. Dead serious.

I was about to plead for his life. Tell him how much he means to me but he cut me off before I could get any of it out for him to hear.

"I love you" he said and I could hear the heartache in his voice. Right before the gun went off I yelled,

"I love you too!" but it was too late. I collapsed in tears outside the door.

He's gone. I can't believe he's actually gone. Frankie, my Frankie… We never got to be together and now we never will. No! I won't let that happen. I love him more then life itself. Wait, there is one way…"

I picked the lock on the door to his room.

There is only one way I can be with him now.

I looked down at his lifeless body. He's even beautiful in death.

I picked up the gun. It was still warm from where his hand was. Then I sat down next to his corpse.

I never thought it'd be this way

Then I kissed his lips one last time as I raised the gun to my head, still staring into his beautiful face as I said what were to become our final words…

"I love you"