All I Want Is You

So kiss me and smile for me.

I held my arms folded over my chest has he pushed his suitcase into the trunk. I was tired. We had made love so many times the night before. We had cuddled and watched movies and ate junk food. And I had held back tears. I hadn’t gone a day without see Jackson in two months.

Now I wouldn’t see him for two weeks. The thought killed me.

It was a hot sunny morning, which was the perfect contrast to my mood.

“Ready?” he asked has he slammed the trunk closed.

“Yep.” I answered quickly. If I said much more I would cry, I knew it.

I slid into the seat of his Lexus. It was the simplest Lexus you could get, and I honestly loved to drive it.

I kept my eyes on the road as I listened to Jackson’s directions to Rob’s apartment. I didn’t want to talk about the trip, I just wanted to get this over with.

We pulled up in front of a secluded block of apartments, surrounded by gates and security.

“I’ll go get him.” Jackson said, before leaving the car.

I got out and leaned against the side. I couldn’t sit still, because if I did I thought too much. I felt pathetic for getting this upset about Jackson leaving.

I sighed and played with the hem of my shirt until I heard loud and undeniably British laughter. Rob seriously had the funniest laugh ever. He was a great guy, and I could see why so many girls fawned over him.

“Lizzie!” He smiled, wrapping me in a hug.

“Hey Rob.” I tried to fake a smile. It didn’t work. He threw a glance at Jackson before sliding into the backseat of the car.

I listened to them talk about the trip, and only contributed when I had to. I was focusing too much on holding back tears that had been threatening to spill over since I had realized last night that Jackson would be gone for two whole weeks.

The traffic became thicker, if that was possible, has we neared the airport. I almost hit at least 20 people and 50 cars. It was insane here! A valet took the car and I walked into the airport with Jackson and Rob.

Jackson’s hand reached out to intertwine with mine, and I squeezed it, trying to place a permanent memory of this feeling in my brain.

We were only steps in the door when I heard them. The screams were deafening. Hundreds of girls of all ages were packed in the airport, held back by security guards and make-shift gates. The screamed for Rob and they screamed for Jackson.

Great.

The boys waved and signed some autographs on their way to check in. I stood off to the side, trying my best not to look like I was a hateful bitch, which was how I looked when I was depressed.

I offered to help take pictures for some adoring fans and graciously stayed off to one side when I wasn’t needed. We finally broke away from the crowd and headed to the long line at security.

I clutched Jackson’s hand like I would never see him again. Rob hung back, obviously sensing how upset I was. We made it through security rather quickly, considering the line up.

I cringed when I heard a lady announce over the intercom that Jackson’s flight was boarding in 5 minutes.

Rob smiled and said goodbye before walking ahead without Jackson. Jackson wrapped me in his arms and just held me for what seemed like only a few seconds. Tears were falling from my face when he pulled back.

“Lizzie, please don’t cry babe. Please.” He looked panicked, not knowing what to do with a crying girlfriend in the middle of an airport.

“I-I-I l-o-vvv-e you!” I sobbed. People were staring at me.

“I love you too babe. I’ll call you every day. I’ll miss you so much.” He whispered, pulling me against his chest again.

I just cried for a few more minutes, until Jackson informed me he would miss his flight if he didn’t go now. He brushed stray tears from my cheek.

I let go of him and stepped back. I weakly smiled and then leaned in for a kiss.

“Bye Lizzie, I’ll call when we land.” He said, smiling for me before turning and walking towards his gate.

“Bye Jackson.” I whispered.

I pulled my sunglasses from my bag, using them to hide my red eyes. I ignored the stares of the remaining girls, and of the random other people who either recognized me from pictures of the premiere or just thought I was some crazy sobbing girl in the airport.

I held has many of the tears in has I could until I got to the car.

I cried the whole way home.