All I Want Is You

Details in the fabric...

GOODNIGHT BEAUTIFUL

TALK TO YOU TM

GOODLUCK AT SCHOOL

LOVE YOU,

JACKSON

It was the last text message I received before I finally feel asleep. I had cried the whole way home, cried when I got home, and cried until he called me.

I had finally stopped crying while I was talking to him, and now I just felt exhausted. I needed to sleep, I had a meeting with the Dean of FIDM in the morning. She had called me on a Sunday, which was very odd, and told me she needed to see me first thing Monday morning.

And here I was, sitting outside her office, waiting to be called in. I hadn’t the slightest clue why I was here. Had I broken some kind of rule? Was it wrong to have my picture in the news? Was I not supposed to design anything until I had graduated?

“Elizabeth Evans?” A voice called from inside the office. I straightened my dress and tapped lightly on the door before stepping inside.

The women nodded at me and motioned towards the chair in front of her desk. “Have a seat Miss Evans.”

“Thank you.” I answered before sitting down. She opened a file on her desk and smiled. I breathed a sigh of relief. She didn’t seem angry, that was a good sign.

“I’ve been watching you very closely since last year Elizabeth. You have the kind of real talent we don’t see here very often. You have the highest marks of anyone who is majoring in Fashion Design.”

“Really? Thank you.” I answered. She pulled a paper from the file.

“I asked some of your instructors for samples of your work. You are extremely talented, and this past weekend only proved that.”

I nodded, waiting for her to continue. She pulled another sheet of paper from the open file.

“This is a beautiful dress.” She said. I realized that it was a picture of Ashley from the premiere. “You’ve made us all very proud Elizabeth.” She smiled.

“Thank you.” I said, feeling myself becoming repetitious.

“I called you in today because we have been receiving some phone calls about your designs.”

“W-what?” I stuttered.

“BCBG is very interested in your designs. With your permission, we would like to send them some more of your sketches.”

My heart was racing. I managed to nod my head.

“Also, I would suggest you get a publicist, because we have received calls for contact information. A few media outlets want to do interviews. Does your boyfriend have a publicist?”

“Interviews? Why?” I was dumbfounded. It was just a dress. Why would anyone want to talk to me?

“You’re dating a guy from one of the most anticipated movies of the year and you made a dress for the premiere.” She was smiling, obviously trying to comfort me.

“I need to talk to Jackson. Can I get back to you about the interview thing?” My head was reeling with so many thoughts. I needed his help.

“Of course. I’m going to have someone take some designs down to BCBG. If everything goes well, and they pick up your designs, you can graduate early.”

“Oh. Oh. Thank you very much.” I stood from my chair, feeling shaky, and shook her hand loosely.

“I’ll be in touch.” She said as I left the room.

I sunk onto the huge chair outside her office. BCBG wanted to see my designs! A LA boutique wanted to look at my clothes. I felt like jumping up and down. I couldn’t believe this was happening. Everything I had dream of since I was a little girl was on the verge of happening.

And there was only one person I wanted to tell.