All I Want Is You

Baby i'm amazed by you..

“...supply you with an empty studio and some seamstresses. All you’ll need to do is come in for a few hours each day for meetings and sketch your heart out.”

I nodded my head, still not fully understanding, or comprehending, that I was a real fashion designer now. Yeah, the meeting with Jay had gone extremely well. They loved my designs so much they were helping me get set up and everything.

“Also, you can work from home or away when you need to. So all you need to do now is sign some papers, design a logo and meet with the seamstresses. We’ll launch a press campaign, and try getting you some interviews with magazines. We’ll hire you a lawyer and a publicist.”

“Wow. Ok. Thank you so much, this is so amazing.” I was beaming.

“You’re very talented. And you appeal to the people your age. We’re happy to have you.” He said, standing and extending his hand. I shook it, probably too hard, due to my excitement.

“Thank you!”

“No problem! Oh, I almost forgot! I’ll have someone bring a Blackberry by your house. You’ll need it for e-mail and stuff when you’re on the go. I’ll be in touch.” He said before getting in a black car near where we were sitting.

I walked to the car and slid calmly inside. I couldn’t believe this was happening. This was amazing. Absolutely amazing. As soon as I had sat down, Jay had told me they wanted my designs. The rest of the lunch was spent discussing how everything would work, where my studio would be, what my line was called, press interviews and signing documents.

I let out a high pitched squeal. I punched my fist in the air, my own little victory dance in progress. I tried to calm down has I put the car in drive. I managed to make it home alive, although I was very distracted. I knew Jackson was busy so I would have to wait for him to call me.

But the wait was excruciating. I tidied up my apartment, which didn’t take long at all. I checked my email and my phone messages. There was just an email from Jay about needing a name for the label. I didn’t think about it, I just replied:

E&J

I sighed. Elizabeth and Jackson. It was perfect. I glanced at my calendar, which had “Jackson’s gone” and a sad face written over the 2 weeks he would be away. Only one day was crossed out. I held back tears and tried to keep my thoughts on the amazing things that had happened that day.

I was jarred from my thoughts by the sound of my doorbell. I opened the door to find petite girl, out of breath and red in the face.

“Your...blackberry...Ms...Evans.” She gasped, trying to catch her breath.

“Thanks! Um...do you want some water or something?” I asked as I took the box from her.

“No, thanks, I have to get back to the office. Nice to meet you.” She smiled, catching her breath before walking away. I smiled and the squealed with joy.

I ripped at the seams of the box, using my nails to poke holes in the tape. I pulled out a white box marked BLACKBERRY BOLD. I eagerly opened the box, knowing what was inside. The highly coveted Blackberry Bold. I probably looked like a kid at Christmas has I pulled the shiny black object out of its box. I turned it over and over in my hand, before I pressed the power button.

A message box popped up:

Hey Lizzie! It’s Jay! Hope you love your phone. I’ve emailed you your number. Get rid of that old thing you had today. This Blackberry isn’t just for business!

Xoxo

Jay!

I smiled at Jay’s message and checked my email for my number. I was just closing the message when my phone rang.

“Jackson!” I screamed as I picked up the phone.

“Well hello!”

“I did it Jackson! They want to sell my clothes. I get my own studio and office and everything! And I can work from wherever! I got a Blackberry Bold!” I rambled on, running out of breath at the end.

“Lizzie! Babe that’s amazing! This is so great! I can’t wait to get back.”

“I know, I’m going to be so busy. I wish you were here though. I miss you so much!” I said.

“I miss you too. I’m so proud of you though. I knew you could do this.”

“Thanks baby. Listen I’m going to send you some stuff on my Blackberry.”

“What kind of stuff?” He asked suggestively.

“Jackson! I’m not sending you pictures of me! I’m going to send you the ad campaigns when their done and everything. Jay says I have to come in and pick a model. This is all so awesome!”

“I tried.” He chuckled. “I can’t wait to see everything. Does this mean you’re done school?”

“Yeah. I get my diploma in January. I just have to go to meetings and draw clothes now.” I giggled at the end.

“That’s great. I wanted to ask you something.” He said.

“Like what?” I asked, intrigued.

“Well. I get back in the middle of December and I was wondering if you wanted to go to Texas with me for a few days?”

“Like, to meet your family?” I gulped.

“Well, yeah.” He chuckled.

“Okay. But can we go visit my parents after that?”

“Sure! That would be awesome. But I want to spend Christmas in LA, just me and you.” He said.

“Oh Jackson! That’s so awesome! I love you, you know that right?”

“I love you more!” he said jokingly.

I got butterflies in my stomach, like I did every time he told me he loved me. I didn’t think that feeling would ever change. Jackson always gave me butterflies. Suddenly I had an idea.

“I have to go. I love you Jackson. Call me tomorrow.”

“Okay. I love you and I’m so amazed by you.” He said, his smooth southern voice making my heart beat ten times faster.

“You give me butterflies.” I said before hanging up.

I walked to my computer and opened up my email. I quickly wrote an email to Jay. I hope he got it before they designed the logo for the storefront.

I needed butterflies in this ad.