All I Want Is You

When you were just a baby.

JACKSON’S POV

“Lizzie!” I heard a voice squeal as I pulled our suitcases from the trunk and tipped the driver. I looked up at the house, squinting to see through the snow. A tall blonde woman was standing in the front door, bouncing up and down like a little kid. Lizzie barley made it too the door before the woman pulled her into a hug.

I smiled, knowing this must be Lizzie’s mother.

I carried the bags up the path. Surprisingly, Lizzie had packed lightly, so we only had a few bags. I smiled as I approached the door. Lizzie let go of her mother and turned to me.

“Mom, this is Jackson.” She said beaming and taking a bag from my hand.

“Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Evans.” I said extending my hand.

“Oh, call me Cathy, please.” She said before ignoring my hand and giving me a bone crushing hug. “It’s so wonderful to finally meet you.”

“Come inside.” She said, holding the door open for me to walk through. “Bill’s just gone in town to get some groceries.” She added smiling.

A seen Lizzie standing in what I assumed was the family room. She was back to us, in front of the biggest Christmas tree I had ever seen.

“The tree is beautiful Mom.” She whispered. I watched her reach out and touch a tiny ornament on the tree. She turned to me then, seeing the bags still in my hand.

“Where are we sleeping Mom?” She asked. I flushed red, unsure of how conservative her parents were.

“Well, if your father had of had his way, Jackson would have slept in the garage.” She chuckled. “But I convinced him to let you sleep in your old room.

Lizzie smiled and winked at me.

“I seen that Elizabeth!” He mother chuckled. “Now take your things upstairs.”

Lizzie grabbed a bag and headed up the stairs, opening a door at the very top of the stairs. The room was very typically Lizzie. It was perfectly decorated, with framed fashion magazines and ads. I sat the bags down on the shiny hardwood floor.

Lizzie sat on the bed. “It feels so weird to be here with you.” She said wistfully.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve never brought a guy home to meet my parents.” She smiled.

I sat down beside her. She leaned her head against my shoulder.

“You look just like your Mom.” I said.

“Everyone says that.” She giggled. “I just can’t wait till you meet Dad.” She chuckled again.

“Should I be worried?” I asked, trying to hide my nervousness.

“Naw. He tries to be scary, but he’s not. He still treats me like I’m five though.”

Just then I heard a car door slam. Lizzie jumped up and looked out her window.

“He’s here!” She said, taking my hand and pulling me towards the door. She flew down the stairs, skipping the last two steps and landing on the hardwood floor just as a tall, dark haired man walked through the door.

“Dad!” Lizzie screamed.

“Lizzie!” His eyes crinkled up as he smiled. He dropped the groceries and wrapped Lizzie in a hug. I stepped forward, and swallowed as he glanced at me.

“Who is this?” His loud voice boomed.

“Dad, this is Jackson.” She said, smiling at me.

“Nice to meet you sir.” I stumbled out, extending my hand. He shook it roughly.

“You too.” He grumbled.

“Dad!” Lizzie scolded. “Be nice!”

He chuckled. “I’m not really used to this.”

“Neither am I.” I said, letting out a nervous chuckled.

“Well, let all go sit down and talk.” Lizzie’s mother said from behind us. We all turned. She was wearing an apron now and I could smell food cooking in the kitchen.

We all went in to the family room. I smiled when I seen it was cluttered with pictures of Lizzie.

“When do we get to open presents?” Lizzie asked excitedly. We had all agreed long before the trip that we would have two mini Christmases with our families before returning to LA to spend our first Christmas together.

“Not until the day before you leave!” He mother said.

Lizzie sighed. She reminded me of a little kid at Christmas.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

Lizzie’s POV

Jackson got along very well with my parents. Almost too well. My mom whipped out my baby albums, showing Jackson all the most embarrassing photos.

My dad started telling stories about when I was little. Jackson particularly enjoyed the one about me falling down the stairs on my way to senior prom.

“So you were always clumsy.” He said, still laughing.

I flushed red and gave him a playful slap on the arm.

We continued talking for a while, until it was late and I could feel myself falling asleep. I tried to stifle a yawn.

“Oh goodness, you two must be so tired. You had a long day.” Mom said.

“Yeah, I think I’m going to go to bed.” I said, yawning again. I stood up, Jackson following me. I gave my mother a hug and then my father.

“No funny business Elizabeth.” He whispered in my ear.

“Dad!” I sighed, turning red with embarrassment.

I took Jackson’s hand and dragged him towards the stairs.

“Goodnight!” He called back to my parents.

When we got to my room, Jackson wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

“I like them.” He said, sitting on the bed and pulling off his pants. I grabbed one of his shirts and removed my clothes, pulling his shirt on.

“Good. They like you. I must warn you though, Dad probably has this place wired.” I sighed as I grabbed my bag of toiletries.

He chuckled.

“I’m serious.” I said. “He actually just told me “No funny business Elizabeth” when he hugged me goodnight.”

“What if were really quiet?” Jackson said. I gasped with shock.

“I was joking!” He said. I shook my head and went off to the bathroom.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth I came back into my room. Jackson was already in bed, and I realized he was sleeping. I kissed him on the cheek and crawled into the bed beside him.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more until I'm caught up!