All I Want Is You

And make a home from a rented house.

“Hand me the star!” Jackson said, standing on a stool by our tiny Christmas tree.

It was fake. It was hard to find a real tree 3 days before Christmas in Los Angeles. So we had rushed to Target and chose one of the only trees that were left. I hoped there wasn’t anything poisonous or toxic in it, because Dean enjoyed chewing on fake shrubbery.

I handed Jackson the pointy star.

“Thanks babe.” He said, positioning the star on the top of the tree. He stepped down off the stool and came to stand beside me.

“Pretty fancy for a man-made tree.” I said as he hung his arm over my shoulder, squeezing me against him.

“Yeah, she’s a beauty.” He chuckled. “Dean seems to enjoy his new digs.”

I laughed as I looked down at the box that we had pulled the tree out of. Sticking out the end was a striped gray tail.

“Well, I am like, the best cat mom a cat could ask for.” I said, playfully elbowing him in the rib.

“He does seem to like you. Probably because you carry him around and let him sleep on the counter.” He rolled his eyes, a huge grin on his face.

“I just wanted him to feel at home.”

Jackson rolled his eyes again and then kneeled on the floor. He peered into the other end of the box.

“She’s a good momma isn’t she bud?” He said to Dean.

“Oh stop it!” I said. “I love you, therefore I must love your cat.”

“Isn’t that sweet.” He said, playing up his Southern twang.

I stuck my tongue out before bending down to start cleaning up the empty boxes. We spent the rest of the afternoon in separate rooms, secretly wrapping each other’s gifts.

I had got Jackson some crazy old vintage records I had found in a store one day, a new case for his beloved guitar, Annabelle, a bunch of DVD’s and I had a plan. I wanted us to live together. Big step, I know. But I felt like we were ready. We spent every night together, in one place or another, so I didn’t see how it would be a big deal.

I was ready for this.

...................................................................

“We’re really excited. We get to meet them after Christmas. I have both their numbers.” Jackson said excitedly, telling me about the new cast members that Chris had just called him about.

“You have their numbers?” I said, a grin on my face. It was Christmas Eve. I was pretty much filled with joy. We were curled up on the couch, Dean snoring on the back, tail curled around him.

“Lizzie. Dakota is only sixteen.” He rolled his eyes.

“And what about this other girl? Tell me about her. Her name’s Ada, right?”

“Yeah, she’s going to play Leah in the third movie. They cast her already though because they have to shoot them all so close together.” He said.

“Awesome. Did they cast anyone else yet?”

“Not really. Some people for the Volturi. Listen, I wanted to ask you something.” He said, sitting up.

“What?”

“Well, I’ve been thinking about this for a long time. I want us to live together. I don’t care if it’s here, my place or a new place. I just want to live with you.” He was staring straight in my eyes, waiting for my answer.

“You should have been Edward.” I said, trying to keep my face serious.

“What kind of answer is that?”

“Can you read minds? Because I was planning on asking you tomorrow.” I chuckled, shaking my head.

“Seriously? So you will?” he asked excitedly.

“Yeah, I love you, I want to see you every second possible. Let’s do it.”

He leaned ahead, pressing his lips softly against mine.

“Let’s get a new place.” He said when he pulled away.

“Okay. It’ll have to be big. With an extra room for my design stuff.”

“Whatever you want babe.” He said, pulling me closer.

“I still want to meet these new girls.” I said, laughing.

“New Year’s Eve. Ashley didn’t tell you yet?” he asked.

“I haven’t checked my phone today.” I said laughing.

“We’re going to the party at Pure. Do some open mike stuff, dance, hang out, and drink. Things like that. Of course Dakota, Kirsten and Taylor can’t legally drink. I guess Kirsten already knows Ada though. So that worked out well. You’re coming right?”

“Sure. Sounds like fun. Wouldn’t miss it.” I answered.

“Good, because I told everyone you were coming.”

I just leaned my head against his chest. I felt his hands running through my hair. I drifted off to sleep like that. With the only person I would ever was to drift off with.