All I Want Is You

...are you happy to see me?

TEEN VOGUE
MARCH 2009
WHATS NEW SECTION
DESIGNER LIZZIE EVANS IS BURNING UP THE FASHION SCENE, AND WE HAVE HER FIRST INTERVIEW!

It is a cool January morning when I pull up in front of E&J studios. A black Range Rover sits outside, a vehicle we now know is Elizabeth’s. I walk in through the unlocked door and am immediately surprised by the relaxed atmosphere. Butterfly emblems, ornaments and pictures a hung around the room. An array of fabric is folded on shelves at the back and ten happy seamstresses are chattering away while sewing silk, cotton and cashmere.

“Hi!” A dark haired girl says from behind a counter. “I’m Emily. Follow me.”

She leads me into an office. Elizabeth Evans sits behind a glass desk, Blackberry to her ear.

“I know. Yeah I was at the passport place today. They put a rush on it babe. Oh, I have to go! See you when I get home.” She pauses, then smiles. “Love you too.”

After apologizing for her phone call, she sighs and gestures to a red sectional sofa in the corner. Fashion magazines are piled on the small table in front of it, and she gently pushes them aside.

“Sorry about the mess. We had some upgrades.”

When I ask her what, she says “Well, Emily works here now. And I added 7 seamstresses.”

I see her glance to a set of pictures on the wall. Black and white portraits of her and boyfriend, actor Jackson Rathbone. I wonder if things have changed much for Lizzie, as she insists I call her, over these past few months. It’s clear as we begin the interview though, that if things have, Lizzie is all but unfazed.

Teen Vogue: Things have changed for you pretty quickly haven’t they? How are you handling all this?

Lizzie Evans: It hasn’t been bad really. Amazing things have happened really quickly, but I have some really great people in my life. It was some of those amazing people that started this whole thing. (laughs)

T V: How did it feel when you found out your designs were being picked up by BCBG?

LE: It was life changing. I did a little happy dance in my car. The worst part was that I couldn’t call Jackson, so I had to wait for him to call me.

TV: What does he think of your success?

LE: He is very supportive. I mean, if he hadn’t introduced me to Ashley, I may not be here right now. He is a great guy, I am very lucky.

TV: Speaking of Ashley, you’re pretty close with the whole Twilight cast, aren’t you?

LE: Yeah. They are all really awesome people. I just met Ada [Lang] (Lang plays Leah Clearwater in Eclipse and has been romantically linked to co-star Robert Pattinson) on New Year’s Eve. It was like an instant connection. Jackson says we’re attached at the hip! I get along with all of them really well. We like to go out in a group.

TV: Are you aware that Twilight fans call you the “Twi-gals?”

LE: (Laughs.) No! I wasn’t! I must be an honorary member of that club. The whole Twilight thing still scares me. I was talking to Kristen about it the other day, and I honestly don’t know how she and Rob deal with it. I mean, they are so grateful, everyone is so grateful, but I get so scared! When I went to the premiere with Jackson, I almost had a heart attack.

TV: What’s next for you? Any projects planned?

LE: I’m actually spending the spring in New York, while Jackson films in Vancouver. I’m officially launching E&J, and I just found out BCBG in New York is going to start carrying my designs too. I was also asked to design all of the main female characters clothes for New Moon and Eclipse. So I’ll be jet setting back and forth between New York, Vancouver and LA!

TV: Wow, you are busy! What do have to say about the tabloid rumours that you and Jackson are engaged?

LE: We aren’t. Maybe someday, but not right now. I love to read those stories. It’s like, where do they get this stuff from. I read one the other day that said I was pregnant! You almost don’t know how to react. Like should I take offense to that? Every time I read something, or Jackson does, or Rob or Ada, any of us, you almost want to run out in street and scream. I want to be like “I’m not pregnant!! I don’t like babies!” (Giggles)

TV: Did you ever think you would end up with all of this so fast?

LE: Not even a bit! I met an awesome guy, made some lifelong friends, and I have best job ever! I’m having the best time of my life right now!

And we couldn’t be happier for her...
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to use this chapter to kind of Jump things ahead and into the action. To be clear, this means the next chapter will take place in March! Message me if something doesn't make sense.