All I Want Is You

Never find another...

Morning sex was never really my thing. Never. But last night had been kind of busy and we had gone to a pub beside the hotel for an open mike night. I was kind of exhausted when we got back. I feel asleep before Jackson even got his shoes off. Apparently it’s easy to lose track of time when you haven’t seen someone in a month.

We were literally right in the middle of things. I was quite proud of how quiet we were being.

Then the door flew open.

“Jay, man they—Holy shit! Oh shit, I am so sorry. Jesus jesus!”

I pulled the hotel sheets around my body. Jackson was laughing. How could he be laughing? Kellan had just walked in on round 2 of Jackson and Lizzie’s morning sex-capades.

“Oh my god, I am so embarrassed.” I said, my face flushing red.

“At least we got one go in...” Jackson chuckled.

“Jackson! This is not funny. I will never be able to look at Kellan again!”

“Oh babe, it’s no big deal. I’m going to go find Kellan.” He said, pulling on his boxers and a t-shirt.

I watched him jog out the door. I buried my head in the pillow, completely mortified. When I finally looked up I glanced at the clock and realized that I only had 15 minutes before I had to be in the costume trailer.

Could my morning get any worse?

..........

Italy in May was beautiful. It was just cool enough that I had to wear a thin sweater. The whole group of us were going out to a little restaurant, but Jackson and I had decided to take a little walk first.

“It’s so beautiful here.” I said, as we looked up at the evening stars.

Jackson smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my waist. He had been really quiet today. Something was off. When I had asked if anyone else wanted to come with us on our walk, they had all said no. He had been silent for most of the walk.

“What’s a matter?” I asked as we neared the restaurant. Jackson’s brow was furrowed in thought.

“Nothing, nothing.” He said quickly. I looked ahead and could see everyone sitting on the patio of the restaurant. We had booked the private patio a few days ago. This dinner was kind of our last hurrah in Italy. Ashley and Ada were standing, peering up the street in our direction. Ada’s eyes grew wide and she quickly stumbled into her seat by Rob. Ashley sat, staring at the rest of them and subtly moving her head in my direction.

“What is going on?” I demanded.

“Nothing Lizzie. Nothing is going on.” Jackson said, taking my hand and leading me up the stairs on to the patio.

....................

JACKSON’S POV

I had been thinking about it for nearly a month. Actually, I had been thinking about since about a month after we started dating. But I didn’t take action until March. We had been together for six months, but I knew already I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Lizzie.

Calling her Dad had been surprisingly easy. When I asked him, he had told me that he had known when we came for Christmas that we were serious. He said he had never seen Lizzie so happy.

With his blessing, I had spent a whole day in Vancouver searching for a ring. Lizzie was special, so I knew I couldn’t just by her any ring. It was when I walked by the antique jewellery store that I got the idea. I would give her something unique and beautiful, just like her.

It was the last ring I looked at. I knew right away that it was perfect.

Image

“Early 1900’s.” The shopkeeper said, watching me stare at the ring.

“Can I see it?” I had asked. He nodded and handed me the ring.

“That’s blue diamond. Pretty rare now a days.”

“It’s perfect.” I had whispered, entranced by the beautiful ring. I turned it over and over in my hands while the man told me about the history and the hefty price tag. The price didn’t matter.

“I’ll take it.” I said finally. A swipe of my bank card later and I left the shop with an engagement ring in my pocket.