All I Want Is You

Girl's just wanna have fun...

“It is so damn hot out today.” I complained as Ada and I walked down the street. Paparazzi were pretty thick, yelling at Ada about her relationship with Rob and taking zoomed in pictures of my ring.

“It’s not that warm.” Ada said, rolling her eyes at a photographer. “It’s the same as it is every day.”

“Whatever.” I giggled. We continued walking arm and arm down the street. Our heels clicked along the sidewalk as I heard the men following behind us. Normally I would be nervous, but anytime I was with Ada, I felt very calm. She handled these things so well. Rob had said often how glad he was to have her. She was utterly serene almost all the time.

“Let’s go in there!” I said, pointing to a little vintage shop. I could see some cool bohemian style dresses hanging on the racks and a pair of silver flats I knew Ada would love.

We walked into the shop, glad to be free of the cameras.

“I think I’m going to get cataracts.” Ada said, giggling as she held up a old sweater. It was beautiful, except for the embroidered and embellished deer on the front.

“You are just to gorgeous to resist.” I said, pulling a straw hat over my head. Ada pulled out her camera and took pictures. I loved that we had each other, it made things more normal.

“And you aren’t?” She said, trying on the flats.

“Oh, we are fierce!” I said, holding up a pair of high waist jeans. They were awesome.

“Okay Tyra!” Ada said, handing the flats and a vintage tee for Rob to the cashier.

I bought the jeans and some cowboy boots for Jackson. He totally loved his cowboy boots.

The street was a little less crowded and some of the paparazzi seemed to have left. We chatted about everything from the guys to our jobs. When we found a restaurant to eat lunch at, I quickly ordered a salad and sandwich.

A small girl approached us, grinning at Ada.

“You’re Ada Lang!” the girl squealed.

Ada smiled and nodded her head.

“Could I have an autograph?” She asked, pulling out a picture from Ada’s last movie.

“Sure!” Ada said, using a pen to sign her name on the picture.

“Thank you so much! Will you tell Rob I said hello?” The girl’s cheeks turned red.

“Of course!” Ada said. “It was nice to meet you.”

With that the little girl stumbled away, clearly awestruck.

“You are awesome, you know that right?” I said to Ada.

“What do you mean?” She asked, picking at her pasta.

“I mean, you are so nice. You’re so good with people, especially the kids.”

“Oh, thanks. I just always promised myself I would never be one of those people who seem ungrateful for what they have. I mean that girl is part of the reason I’m here.” She said, as if she had just told me it was sunny outside.

“Very true. It’s like when I seen that girl in the store wearing my skirt. It’s so amazing!” I said, shovelling the pasta in my mouth. Damn, I was hungry!

Ada’s phone rang then, and I could tell when she looked at the caller ID who it was. Her face lit up instantly.

“Hey babe.” She said, smiling at his response.

“We’re just having lunch. What are you doing?” She said, nodding her head.

“I think we’re going to get our nails done, I might get my hair colored.” She smiled and shook her head.

“Ok, I won’t. We’re going to go now, I love you and I’ll see you later.”

She hung up the phone and smiled.

“I’m not allowed to get my hair dyed because it is “perfectly fine” the way it is.” She chuckled.

We paid our bill at the restaurant and then went off to get our nails done. We just sat there and talked to each other, casually chatting with the salon people as well.

When we went our separate ways we hugged with the promise of a phone call later. We talked almost every day.

I was greeted at the door by an angry Dean, who clearly wanted to be feed. I laughed and petted him behind the ears before opening his food. I gagged on the smell of it. Ugh, had they changed the formula or something? I almost lost my lunch trying to feed him.

After getting Dean settled I curled up on the couch with my laptop, responding to emails and checking out fashion sites. After a few minutes I realized I was really tired and that Jackson wouldn’t be home for a while. I decided that instead of responding to business emails, a nap would be much more efficient.
♠ ♠ ♠
You are not allowed to hate me or Lizzie during the next few chapters! Okay? =) xxoo