All I Want Is You

I've made up my mind.

I woke up in the same sweats I had come home in. I was in my bed and I was immediately aware that Jackson was beside me.

“Hey.” He said softly, pushing my hair off my face.

I held up my finger, jumping out of the bed. Well this was a lovely welcome home. I hung my head over the toilet, which seemed like the common place for it to be.

When I sat up off the floor I reached for some toilet paper to wipe my mouth. Jackson stood in the doorway of the bathroom.

“Are you okay?” he asked, his brow furrowed in concern.

“I think the baby hates me.” I said, leaning my head on the ceramic tile of the shower.

“Wow, that sounds so weird.” He said, lowering himself down onto the floor beside me.

“Tell me about it.”

“Why did you leave?” he asked suddenly, and the question made my stomach churn for a different reason.

“That was pretty stupid. I guess I was just so scared. I never wanted to have kids. And everything was just going along so smoothly. It shocked the shit out of me Jackson.”

“I know. But why didn’t you just call me? I would have come home, I would have been here.” He looked disappointed in me.

“I guess I thought you would blame me. I didn’t know how you would react to this. I didn’t want you to hate me.” I whispered the last part, ashamed of my thoughts.

“I could never hate you Lizzie. This isn’t anyone’s fault. People make mistakes.” He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

“I’m still scared. I don’t think I’m ready to do this.” I said, dropping my head into my hands.

“Lizzie, you are one of the most amazing people I know. But we can’t run from this Lizzie. We need to face this. I think we can do this together. I know we can do this together.” He said, rubbing his hands along my back.

I looked up at him, into his eyes. They looked tired and sad, but somewhere in there I could see that I could trust what he was saying. We could do this.

“Let’s do it.” I whispered.

He looked at me, his eyebrow raised. “What?”

“Let’s have a baby.” I said, laughing softly.

“Okay!” He said, a stupid grin plastering his face. He pulled me up off the floor and wrapped his arms around me.

“You scared the life out of me.” He chuckled.

“What do you mean?” I asked, breaking away to brush my teeth.

“I thought we were robbed or something. Or that you were kidnapped.” He said, handing me a wet cloth.

“I’m so sorry.” I said again, leaning against him.

“Just don’t do it again.” He laughed. I smiled at our reflection in the mirror and then laughed with him.

“I promise.” I said. “Thank you for be so awesome.”

He didn’t say anything, he just pulled me in to him and pressed a soft kiss on my lips.

I smiled up at him, before leaning my head on his chest. I breathed in the scent of his cologne and our laundry detergent. It had been so stupid of me to run, but things we looking a little better. I still couldn’t believe it though.

I was having a baby.