All I Want Is You

You got it, some kind of magic.

The Starbucks was practically empty when I got there. I ordered an Iced Coffee at the counter and sat down at a table. I wasn’t nervous. Jackson was the kind of person you didn’t get nervous around, I could already tell that. I just didn’t know what had made him ask me out for coffee. There was nothing special about me. Nothing at all. My thoughts were interrupted by the bell that hung above the door.

I looked up to see Jackson. At least I thought it was him. He wore dark aviators and his hair hung around his face messily. He scanned the room, and grinned when he noticed me. He strode over to the counter and ordered his drink before coming over to the table.

“Hey.” He said when he sat down.

“Hello.”

“I was surprised when I didn’t find you face down on the sidewalk.” He grinned.

“I am capable of walking you know.” I said with fake anger. “I was just in a hurry yesterday.”

“Sorry.” He laughed. “Were you late for a date or something?”

“Ha. No, actually I was late for work.” He thought I had a date. That was funny.

“Oh. What do you do?” he asked.

“Well, I go to FIDM during the day and most evenings and weekends I work as an assistant stylist for photo shoots and stuff.”

“FIDM?” He asked, raising his eyebrow.

“The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising.” I answered.

“Oh okay. So you’re a clothing designer?” He asked smiling.

“Well, not yet. I draw and stuff. I hope when I’m done school in the spring I can start a line.”
I smiled. I loved to talk about my designs.

“That’s cool. I saved a fashion designer! Millions of women could have been poorly
dressed if I hadn’t helped you up.” He was smirking again.

“Woah, don’t get ahead of me here, my designs may never see the light of day!” I said laughing. “What do you do?” I asked.

“Oh, well, I um...” He suddenly looked nervous.

“What? Are you in the FBI or something?” I laughed again.

“Well, no, but it usually scares people away.”

I raised my eyebrow curiously. “I’m sure I can handle it.” I said.

“I’m an actor.” He said.

Woah.

“What? Like Hollywood and paparazzi kind of actor?” I asked, trying not to sound as eager as I was.

“I guess. I’m not really a paparazzi kind of guy. Their more interested in Rob.” He smiled, obviously pleased with my reaction.

“Who’s Rob?”

“A co-star.” He answered. “From the last movie I was in.”

“Do I know this movie?” I asked.

“Probably, I think everyone knows about it.”

“Well, what is it. You don’t look very familiar.” I said, annoyed with his lack of response.

“Twilight.” He whispered.

“YOU’RE IN TWILIGHT!”

“Oh god. That did it. You can run screaming now.” He sighed.

“Sorry. I’m not like obsessed with it, but that’s like a big movie!” I smiled before saying “I
know a movie star!”

“Wow. You’re taking this well.” He breathed a sigh of relief.

“I guess. I mean it doesn’t scare me. It’s just your job.” I smiled. It really wasn’t a big deal. It was pretty cool though, but I was never the kind of person who crushed on movie stars and read tabloids.

“I usually try not to tell people. Some people try and use me for their own gain. Or freak out ‘cause they can’t handle it. I should have known you wouldn’t.” He gulped down the last of his coffee.

“Nope, doesn’t scare me at all.” I said. “I’ll have to go see the movie when it comes out.”

“Please don’t.” He said smiling.

“Oh, I totally am. And I’ll tell everyone in the theatre that I know you.” I said grinning.

“Great.” He said still smiling. I sucked down the last of my drink.

“You want to go for a walk or something?” I asked, not wanting to leave him yet.

“Sure.” He answered. “That way if you fall, I’ll be there to scrape you off the pavement.”
..................................................................................................................................................................................................

Two hours later we were walking back up my street. We had spent the last few hours talking about where we were from, how we got to LA and countless other things. It was really easy to talk to Jackson. He was really nice, and it was kind of flattering that an actor would even look twice at me.

“This is my stop.” I said. I pulled my key from my purse and stuck it in the door.

“I had a great time tonight. It’s nice to hang out with someone so down to earth.” He smiled, leaning against my building.

“Thanks. I had an awesome time too.” I didn’t know what else to say. I just knew I wanted
to see him again.

“Can we do this again sometime?” he asked, as if he had read my mind.

“I’d really like that.” I smiled.

“Great. I’ll call you okay?” He was grinning again.

“Sounds great! Goodnight Jackson.” I said as I pushed open my door.

“Goodnight Lizzie.” He smiled, stepping up on to the step. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before turning back towards the sidewalk.

I pushed the door closed behind me.

This had been one of the most amazing nights of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooooooooo! Lots of updates!