All I Want Is You

I'll make banana pancakes.

“Jackson...” I whined from my post on the bathroom floor. No response.

“Jackson...” I called again, dragging out his name. If I had to puke up my guts in the middle of the night, he could at least hold my hair and rub my back.

I felt my stomach churn and hung my head over the toilet again. It was two in the morning. This seemed like a routine now. Wake up, throw up, whine for Jackson, throw up more, sleep and eat ice cream and Chinese noodles.

Besides the throwing up, it was the life. I designed a lot more now. I didn’t have much else to do. All of our friends knew about the pregnancy. Everyone was pretty excited. Well, Rob was more nervous than excited. I think children scare him.

“You okay?” Jackson asked sleepily from behind me.

“No. I feel like my insides are falling out.” I groaned. He knelt behind me, stroking my messy hair. I groaned, resting my head against him.

“I’m sorry babe.” He said, although I could totally tell he was smiling.

“You should be.” I said, trying to make my best angry face. I really needed to sleep. Especially since Ada and I were going shopping tomorrow. It would be the first time I went out since I had developed a tiny little bump. This tiny little bump fascinated Jackson. Anytime he could, his long fingers would trace over the slight bump. I was glad he was so enthralled. Sure, it was amazing, and I was slowly becoming accustomed to the idea that I was having a baby, but I guess it was something different for him.

“You want to try and go back to sleep?” he asked, noting my drooping eyelids.

“Hmm?” I asked, slowly zoning out.

“If I carry you, will you throw up on me?” He asked with a chuckled.

“Probably...” I groaned, trying to pull myself up off the floor. “Bring the bucket.” I mumbled over my shoulder. The bucket was previously a bucket I used to mop the floor. Now the bucket moved between the bathroom and the right side of the bed, the side I slept on.

I really wanted to go shopping tomorrow. We had plans to spend the afternoon shopping, maybe even looking at some baby stuff. I lay down in the bed with a groan. Jackson lay down beside me, but didn’t wrap his arms around me. He knew better when I was feeling like this. I may need to make a quick movement.

I breathed deeply through my nose and munched on saltines that were kept on my bedside table permanently. I finally felt my stomach calming down, so I snuggled a little closer to Jackson. He sighed in his sleep and rested his face on my hair.

................................

I was standing in the kitchen making breakfast. Rob and Ada were coming over for breakfast and then Ada and I were going shopping while Rob and Jackson did guy things here. Hanging over us was the fact that production on Eclipse started soon and I had no clue how I was going to manage wardrobe styling while hanging my head over the nearest receptacle. I’d figure it out. At least I would get to be with Jackson and our friends.

“Can you chop up the melon?” I asked Jackson, who was lazily watching me cook. I felt like a wife. It was scary, actually. Even scarier was the fact I could almost picture a highchair behind me and a giggling green eyed baby.

I kept flipping the bacon and popping the toast. Jackson was beside me, chopping up fruit and humming a song to me. I heard the door open behind us. We had a no knock policy with Rob and Ada, unless we weren’t expecting them.

“Good morning!” Ada sang cheerfully, kicking off her heels and running across the room to engulf me in a hug.

“Hey! Hey Rob!” I said, peering around Ada to wave to him.

“Hi!” He said, before he and Jackson launched into a conversation about a band or a song or something.

“How are you feeling?” Ada asked, rubbing my tummy. I had established only days after I found out I was pregnant that the belly was not off limits to any friends or family. This was probably a once in a lifetime thing for me, therefore I would allow my friends to enjoy it with me.

“Like crap. I was up most of the night again.” I sighed and stacked the slices of toast on a plate. Ada put the eggs and bacon on a plate and then we finished cutting the fruit that Jackson hadn’t got to.

“Aw, you sure you still want to go shopping?” She asked.

“Of course. I’m fine now, just a little tired.” I said, carrying a plate to the island counter. “Jackson, Rob! Breakfast is ready!” I hollered.

The next hour and half was spent chatting and laughing, catching up with our friends. Ada and Rob were thinking of moving in together, and Ada was already talking about dress shopping for the premiere of New Moon.

“I’m going to be huge by then.” I sighed and shoved a piece of watermelon in my mouth.

“Oh, imagine how cute you’ll look in pretty dress with your little bump.” Ada said in a sing-songy voice.

“Man, why don’t you have a baby too!” I said sarcastically.

Rob choked on his eggs.

“I was kidding!” I laughed, clearing the plates off the counter.

“I’ll get those Lizzie.” Jackson said. “You go sit down for a while.”

I gave him a quick kiss and looked at him with appreciative eyes. I totally loved this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments!