All I Want Is You

My lovely little bump.

“How obvious is it?” I asked Ada, just before exiting the car. Paparazzi were waiting outside. Ada was like a magnet for this stuff now. Therefore anyone with her became a magnet too.

“What do you mean?” She asked. I rolled my eyes and pointed at my tiny bump. We had decided before I left the house that I would just wear what I normally would. Jackson and I had decided there was no sense in hiding this, but that we wouldn’t make an official statement. Official statements were for huge stars.

“Kind of, I mean they might be suspicious. I think you look adorable.” She said. She smiled and squeezed my arm.

“I really want to look at some dresses for the premiere.” I said, gathering my purse of the car floor.

“Oh, me too!” Ada said. Ada lived for glamorous clothing. I was glad I had friends like her and Ashley, who could help me on glamorous nights, because I preferred the boho, laid back style.

We got out of the car, walking into a crowd of flashbulbs. I found myself resisting the urge to protectively shield my stomach. When I had these mothering instincts, I shocked myself. Those were the moments when I thought maybe, just maybe, I could do this.

Ada and I pushed through the crowd, smiling and nodding at the photographers. We had learned long ago the best thing to do was smile and wave.

“Congratulations on the engagement Elizabeth!” One of the photographers yelled.

“Thank you.” I smiled and nodded. X17 was probably catching all this on film. I laughed on the inside. Before I had started dating Jackson, I used to go on websites like that daily, checking the latest celebrity gossip. That thought embarrassed me now. I was on those websites sometimes, especially if I was out with Ada.

We pushed on, into a little boutique full of dresses. I was already exhausted. And hungry. We giggled and chatted well we held up dresses. Then I saw the one. It would fit perfectly, drape over any sized bump. I was smart enough to buy it in a bigger bust size then what I usually wear. I was expecting some growth in that department. I was hoping for some growth in that department.

“What do you think of this one?” Ada asked. The dress she was holding was so perfectly Ada that it should have her name on it.

“I think it’s perfect. You need to get it!” I said as she held the dress against her and twirled around. I giggled and laughed at her. I loved Ada, she was amazing and adorable and awesome!

“Lizzie.” She said smiling.

“What?” I asked, confused. Her eyes glided to my stomach. I looked down and smiled too. My hand was rested on my tiny little bump.

“Did you know you were doing that?” She asked.

“No.” I said simply. It was weird how things were just clicking now. I was starting to feel slightly maternal...

“I’m glad you’re happy now.” Ada said, giving me a one armed hug.

“I think we can do this. I think Jackson and I can do this.” I said, running my hand over my stomach.

“That’s great. I’ll be there for you! I don’t know about Rob...” She said giggling.

“I can’t wait until I force him to hold the baby.” I said, and we both burst out laughing.

“Do you want your baby to live?” Ada asked, and we burst out in another round of giggles. The sales lady was staring at us, probably thinking we were crazy.

We stepped to the counter, were we paid for the dress, but asked to have them delivered, so they wouldn’t lie in the car all day.

After dress shopping we went out to lunch and then Ada insisted I go home. We made plans to go to the beach the next day, because we were going to Vancouver soon.

Jackson was home when I got there and he had ordered food. We ate and watched movies and cuddled. It was nice to relax with Jackson, and I found myself thinking of what we would be like as a family. Jackson and I, plus a baby.

And I kind of got excited.

Lizzie's Outfit:
http://www.polyvore.com/lizshop/set?id=7356781
Ada's Outfit:
http://www.polyvore.com/adaoutfit/set?id=7328340