All I Want Is You

The best day.

“You look great babe.” Jackson said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“No, I don’t.” I sighed, pulling away to fish through my basket of swimsuits, trying to find another. I finally settled on a black bikini. I hadn’t realized how uncomfortable I was with my “new” body until now. A trip to the beach used to be simple. I had never been uncomfortable with figure before. I was teetering on the verge of a meltdown.

I pulled on the black bikini, sighing again as I turned to Jackson. “Can you tie this, if it’s possible?” I said bitterly.

He didn’t say anything, he just stood up and tied the bath suit. I pulled on a blue tank top and a pair of denim shorts. They wouldn’t button.

“Wonderful.” I said, letting a tear drop down my face while I fumbled with the button. I didn’t want to be like this. I didn’t want to cry over not being able to button my shorts. But I couldn’t control my feelings anymore, and that was frustrating.

Poor Jackson just sat on the bed, not knowing what to say. It was clear I would have to be resourceful. I grabbed a hair elastic off my vanity and threaded it through the button hole of my jeans. I wrapped the other end around the button.

“I guess I’m ready.” I said. “I’m sorry I’m being such a bitch.” I added.

He just smiled and gave me hug. “It’s okay. I know you can’t help it.” He gave me a quick kiss on the lips before getting dressed himself. He and Rob weren’t really beach guys, so jeans and a white beater were as beachy as they got. I stuffed some towels in a beach bag, and a few magazines. I chuckled as I put an issue of Vogue in the bag. I really should switch to Pregnancy or Parenting Monthly.

Especially since I didn’t know anything. I didn’t know what to expect in the coming months, and I definitely had no idea what to expect once the baby was actually here.

“Ready?” Jackson asked from behind me.

“Yeah.” I said, slipping my feet into my favourite flip flops.

Jackson grabbed the beach bag, apparently thinking that it was too heavy for me to carry. We went outside and got in the car, heading towards the beach. We were meeting Rob and Ada there.

The drive to the beach was long and it was hot out. I had the air conditioning on full blast. Jackson drove one handed, his free hand intertwined with mine. As we neared the beach, I could see it was crowded today. I texted Ada to see where she and Rob were, but then realized they were right in front of us, at the front of the beach parking lot.

“Lizzie!” Ada yelled, waving her slim tanned arms in the air. Rob stood beside her, pale in comparison, his arms crossed in front of him. He was squinting against the sun, probably because Ada was currently wearing his sunglasses. I laughed at that, because I was wearing Jackson’s aviators.

I walked towards them, smiling at Rob. He had taking to subconsciously staring at my stomach. I mentioned it to Ada, and she laughed. I was pretty sure he thought I was harbouring an alien. It was now our game plan to make sure Rob felt the baby move when it started.

The paparazzi were at the beach. Maybe they thought they might get to see Rob shirtless. I was curious as to if Ada had ever seen Rob shirtless. I don’t think he took his shirt off. Except when he opened in Twilight...

Ada, being as beautiful has she was, playfully ran around the beach in her bikini. Rob stood back smiling, until she convinced him to join her in the waves. It was adorable. They were adorable. I could see why everyone was so interested in their relationship, and why I couldn’t go to the store without seeing them on a magazine. They were great people too. I loved them both.

“Come on in guys!” Ada said, playfully splashing in the water.

I shook my head. I didn’t want to be in my bikini.

“Lizzie! Please!” Ada whined.

I looked around the beach. I could see men with cameras, snapping pictures. All the girls were beautiful, toned and slim. I was usually a pretty confident person, this shouldn’t be bothering. Damn these hormones. I felt tears pricking my eyes.

“Lizzie.” Jackson said softly from beside me. You look beautiful. Let’s go have some fun. You are the prettiest girl on the beach.” He squeezed my hand and then looked in my eyes. He green eyes were soft and understanding.

“Okay.” I said, smiling. I kicked off my jean shorts and pulled of my tank top. He smiled down at me and took my hand. We walked hand in hand toward the waves to meet our friends.

Ada smiled when she seen us. I walked into the warm waves, pulling Jackson with me.

“You look amazing.” Ada said. Rob had his arms wrapped around her waist from behind, his head resting on her shoulder. I loved how cutely awkward he was with the whole pregnancy thing.

“Thanks!” I said, still holding Jackson’s hand.

“I never thought I’d see the day.” Rob said, out of the blue.

“What do you mean?” Ada asked, turning to look at him.

“Jackson’s going to be a dad.” Rob smiled. Jackson beamed, the way he did whenever someone mentioned our impending parenthood.

“By who?” I laughed, pretending I had no idea I was three and half months pregnant.

“Just this girl I met a while ago. No one you’d know.” Jackson said sarcastically.

“Oh yeah, and do you like her?” I said playfully.

“No, not really.”

I pouted and gave him the puppy dog eyes. “You don’t like her?”

“No, I love her.”

“Aw!” Ada said. “Too cute!”

We spent the afternoon splashing around in the waves. Eventually the boys left the water to hang out on the beach. Ada and I splashed around in the water, giggling like little girls.

I finally became so exhausted Jackson practically had to carry me back to the car. I fell asleep on the way home and barely made it through the warm shower. I pulled on one of Jackson’s shirts and snuggled up in bed beside him.