All I Want Is You

Take another chance.

Vancouver was even more serene and beautiful in the summer than it was in the spring. We had been there for nearly two weeks now. Jackson was in this film more than any of the other films. This was also Ada’s big debut, so I was alone or with Ashley or Kristen when I wasn’t doing wardrobe stuff.

I was sitting in our hotel room waiting for Jackson to come back. Recently, I had been sketching a lot of maternity designs. I had even thought of making a few things, for personal use.

I heard the sound of Jackson’s key in the hotel door.

“Hey, how was your day?” I asked when he came through the door.

“Okay.” He said flatly.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, noticing that his mood was off.

“I’ve just been thinking about something.” He said.

I was getting really nervous. What was he thinking about? Was he going to leave me or something?

“Like what?” I asked. “Did something happen?”

“I don’t want you to take this the wrong way.”

“Jackson, please tell me what you’re thinking about?” I said, my stomach flipping with nerves.

He sat down on the bed, taking off his shoes and then sliding up beside me. He took my hand, the one with the ring on it, and wrapped his fingers with mine.

“Lizzie, I need to ask you something.” He said, running his other hand along my stomach.

“Ask me then.” I said warily.

“Will you marry me, before Pip is born?” He said, his face flushing.

I blinked back tears. He was so sincere. He wanted this to be done right.

“Yes. I would like that.” I said, sniffing back tears.

He brought me closer to him, placing soft kisses on my lips.

“Thank you.” He said. “I was thinking maybe we could do it here, in Vancouver. Most of our friends are here, and we can have our families fly in.”

“That sounds great.” I said, laying my head on his chest. “I don’t know how I’m going to find a dress.” I added, because I honestly had no clue how to find a maternity wedding dress.

“If we do it soon, it shouldn’t be hard should it?” Jackson asked.

“Were you planning on doing this soon?” I asked, curious as to what his timeline for the wedding was.

“I was thinking maybe like next weekend?” he asked carefully.

“You’ve already talked to everyone about this except me, haven’t you?” I asked, shooting up in the bed.

“I might have called our parents.” He said, his voice trailing off at the end.

“Jackson!” I said, angry I was the last to know about this.

“Lizzie, I wanted to make sure everyone else was willing to do this before I stressed you out with the details.” He voice calm, trying to soothe me.

“Jackson! Stop going all Jasper all me! Who else did you talk to about this?”

“I just asked Rob and Ada if they would help out. And Ashley and Kellan, and I asked Emily if she would organize or parents flights, so I guess she knows.” He said. I could tell he was trying not to laugh. I didn’t do angry very well.

I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to look mad, but I couldn’t, because in the back of my mind I was thinking about how sweet it was of him to do all of this.

“You can’t be mad at me.” He said, sticking his bottom lip out.

I let out a snort of laughter. “You’re right. I can’t get mad at you.”

“So we’re getting married?” he said, as if to clarify the conversation he had just had.

“Yeah, we’re getting married.” I said, wrapping my arms around him and laying my head on his chest. I was getting married, and I was having a baby. But most importantly I was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please. How do you feel about this?